Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Hippolyta's JLA costume

JLA Bendis.jpg

It's...kind of like Stan Lee's WW? Has anyone seen a full frontal image yet?

I’ve seen no full frontal Hippolyta yet, but the outfit seems a little bland. And that cape/toga is doing nothing for me.
    Still, I need to see more.

Might be inspired by Mendoza's costume. To me the gold and white just represents a certain divine flare. Maybe that was the thought process. Who knows. I like it so far but seeing the concept sketches would be great.

I’d have preferred if they went for her Rebirth design, also the one used in Endless Winter if I recall.

I mean, it's...okay? I think it could use more purple.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I can't help but think Bendis took Wonder Woman out to push Naomi who will be taking her place in the Trinity alongside Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I can't help but think Bendis took Wonder Woman out to push Naomi who will be taking her place in the Trinity alongside Superman and Batman.
    I've been having this nagging suspicion too, also with Diana being in the Godsphere to push Yara and Nubia.

I'm just glad I don't hate it and that she has a spear instead of a sword and shield. Also I wonder about her powers, she apparently doesn't have the lasso or the Sandals of Hermes for flight this time around.

It didn't seem like he could use Diana with her post-DM status quo, so Hippolyta is there as a fill-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I've been having this nagging suspicion too, also with Diana being in the Godsphere to push Yara and Nubia.
    DC seems to have an agenda.
    It’s not one I’m onboard w. but the most I can do is not support these things when they get shoved at me

-shrug-

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    DC seems to have an agenda.
    It’s not one I’m onboard w. but the most I can do is not support these things when they get shoved at me

-shrug-
    The agenda is developing new IPs for future movies and television shows. Comics are just a testing ground now where Disney and Warner Media plant those seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It didn't seem like he could use Diana with her post-DM status quo, so Hippolyta is there as a fill-in.
    Yeah but I’m thinking maybe that’s why they sent her off to Valhalla in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post

It's...kind of like Stan Lee's WW? Has anyone seen a full frontal image yet?
    Can kind of piece it together between the two images...

I actually like(d) her Endless Winter outfit...:

It evoked Wonder Woman while looking like it came first and Diana adopted a look inspired by her mother, which is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Can kind of piece it together between the two images...
    So no bracelets either, what's she going to do for defense? That spear is going to have to cover a lot of ground. It takes more than moderate super strength to face a typical JLA level threat.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    So no bracelets either, what's she going to do for defense? That spear is going to have to cover a lot of ground. It takes more than moderate super strength to face a typical JLA level threat.

I was thinking the same thing. That spear isn't going to be very effective against the likes of Amazo, Starro, or Despero, unless it has some mystical qualities to it. I think Hippolyta should borrow that almost unnecessary shield Diana often uses and never give it back.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.