Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I also don't want Hippolyta to wear a similar costume to Diana. It can be hard to tell comic characters apart already because of artists being swapped out and if Hippolyta starts wearing red, white and blue I'm not gonna know who's who.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Unless I read it wrong in Rebirth all Amazons were daughters of Ares.
    In an earlier scene an Amazon that Diana is having a conversation with refers to themselves as the “daughters of Harmonia and Ares”.

I took that as more metaphorical than an actual statement of bloodlines given its later shown near the end of the run the Amazons emerging from the water like in Perez with them being reincarnated.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Definitely not surprising. DC seems to think that this simplicity is a good thing.
    Yeah, of course that was the thing DC had to plant their feet on.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-11-2021 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Sort-of. In Year One, Ares (well, Phobos and Deimos disguised as him) says it's been ages since he's seen his daughters during an encounter with Diana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Unless I read it wrong in Rebirth all Amazons were daughters of Ares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Rucka wanted it but the one mandate DC gave him was he had to keep Zeus as her dad. So he just didn’t talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    In an earlier scene an Amazon that Diana is having a conversation with refers to themselves as the “daughters of Harmonia and Ares”.

I took that as more metaphorical than an actual statement of bloodlines given its later shown near the end of the run the Amazons emerging from the water like in Perez with them being reincarnated.
    Yeah, of course that was the thing DC had to plant their feet on.
    Bummer. I spent the last three months writing an outline for a 'Hippolyta as Ares' daughter story. Now its going to feel less original. I know it's from the myths but Hippolyta as Ares daughter could be very interesting in terms of how they are depicted in WW mythos. I find that idea more intriguing than Diana as Zeus daughter.