Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    We know she needed the full moon as a young girl to be able to blood bend, but its not out of the realm of possibility she improved when she was older.
    Considering that she advocated not to further the use of Bloodbending, to the point it's actually banned to even use it, I kinda doubt she would ever use it ever after the few times she did as a kid.

She really insisted the whole thing was just too evil to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Considering that she advocated not to further the use of Bloodbending, to the point it's actually banned to even use it, I kinda doubt she would ever use it ever after the few times she did as a kid.

She really insisted the whole thing was just too evil to use.
    Well, this is blood lusted (no pun intended), so morals go out the window.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

but even with bloodlust on, she still has no feats for being able to use it after the first series ended. with benders, you can't assume someone can use a particular skillset simply because someone else could. bolin couldn't metal bend worth a damn but he unlocked how to lava bend.

Also, can't Ahsoka force choke Katara?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Also, can't Ahsoka force choke Katara?
    Ahsoka never did use the force that way but frankly it might be possible with bloodlust on.

The force choke, lightning, and all those spectacles isn't exactly a special technique as far as canon sees it outside probably a few things like healing compared the Old EU. It's like thinking "I really want to choke this guy" and the force kinda does it for you.

And force choke is just the usual telekinesis with a real murderous intent to harm than just push the target away or left them off the floor. I doubt you learn it specifically by a manual is what I'm seeing.

Ahsoka never did use the force that way but frankly it might be possible with bloodlust on.

The force choke, lightning, and all those spectacles isn't exactly a special technique as far as canon sees it outside probably a few things like healing compared the Old EU. It's like thinking "I really want to choke this guy" and the force kinda does it for you.

And force choke is just the usual telekinesis with a real murderous intent to harm than just push the target away or left them off the floor. I doubt you learn it specifically by a manual is what I'm seeing.
    The Sacred Sith Texts.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but even with bloodlust on, she still has no feats for being able to use it after the first series ended. with benders, you can't assume someone can use a particular skillset simply because someone else could. bolin couldn't metal bend worth a damn but he unlocked how to lava bend.
    Exactly this. There's no implication she ever became better at bloodbending because so far it just looks like she never dwelled on practicing it enough to be as good as Yakone/his sons. If she never shown to use it as an adult, then it's definitely possible she just never got good at it. It's speculation yeah, but it's rather consistent with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The Sacred Sith Texts.
    I'm pretty sure there is a book out there like every guide to Star Wars books.

Canon or not, makes the moolah flow.

Exactly this. There's no implication she ever became better at bloodbending because so far it just looks like she never dwelled on practicing it enough to be as good as Yakone/his sons. If she never shown to use it as an adult, then it's definitely possible she just never got good at it. It's speculation yeah, but it's rather consistent with the character.
    Bah! Everyone knows that Katara was actually Darth Monsoon until she was stranded on the planet. Not even Darth Jar Jar dared to question her. True, in her child form, she needs the aid of the Full Moon to Blood Bend. But in her adult form, she is the Blood Sith!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

ahsoka does know the force choke but tended to use it defensively than offensively. but she is strong enough to keep a ship from taking off for a while and immobilizing maul in mid-air for the clones to capture him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ahsoka does know the force choke but tended to use it defensively than offensively. but she is strong enough to keep a ship from taking off for a while and immobilizing maul in mid-air for the clones to capture him.
    Ah, my recollection has failed me there.

Mighty Member

Is there any particular reason why Ahsoka couldn't just blitz Katara, and ragdoll her with the force?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Is there any particular reason why Ahsoka couldn't just blitz Katara, and ragdoll her with the force?
    Was she that fast? I mean Katara wasn't a speedster, but she WAS an anime-esque Martial Arts girl. You'll need legit superspeed for a blitz.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!