Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Terminator Animated Show

https://screenrant.com/terminator-an...attson-tomlin/

Maybe this can make up for the last movie?
    Last edited by choptop; 05-11-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Netflix seems to be really baking on anime or anime-esque adaptions of Western properties.

"Sarah Conner chronicles" seemed to be have a more positive reaction than any of the 4 post T2 sequels/semi-reboots so maybe a TV series might be ideal. After all, TV seems to have worked better for Disney Star Wars more so than the movies these past few years.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ist termnater fox? That would mean Disney owns it so why is it going to be on Netflix not Disney+ or Hulu?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    "Sarah Conner chronicles" seemed to be have a more positive reaction than any of the 4 post T2 sequels/semi-reboots so maybe a TV series might be ideal. After all, TV seems to have worked better for Disney Star Wars more so than the movies these past few years.
    How widely regarded is that series in the mainstream? I know the comic nerd population/us loved it, but it was still canceled so I'm wondering if it really has the same clout outside our bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ist termnater fox? That would mean Disney owns it so why is it going to be on Netflix not Disney+ or Hulu?
    Probably because it's hard to do it justice without going R, and Disney doesn't want that associated with them. Putting it on Netflix lets them make profit from it while holding it at arm's distance from their family friendly image.

Mighty Member

This has potential. What would you like to see in it? Something that flashes back and forth between the early days of the resistance and the closing of the circle brought about by T2.

Would love to HEAR the original cast as voices : Arnie, Linda, Biehn, Furlong, Dr Silberman.etc.

I am open to alternate versions of post T2 characters and alternate timelines, maybe even a "nexus point" that they mentioned in Genisys.

Marcus, TX, Matt Smiths T5000. Dani & Grace as soldiers in same-sex relationship.

and YOUR ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    This has potential. What would you like to see in it? Something that flashes back and forth between the early days of the resistance and the closing of the circle brought about by T2.
    Similar to "The Matrix" where the story takes place on two planes of reality, I feel this is one of those properties that kind of has to have that tension between the present and the future in some way. I don't want another retread of Sarah Connor though ... I'd be fine with them taking the basic concept and applying it to new characters. The Sarah/John continuity has been re-written enough times to be a mess.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Salvation has been vindicated. That movie is seen far more favorably now since it's the only Terminator sequel that didn't try to rehash the plot of the first two movies. I'm hoping this show goes the same route Salvation did.

They should do it in that so-called "CalArts" style that is like catnip for angry online commentators who were never going to watch it anyway.

I bet the T-1000 would look awesome in the anime series

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Salvation has been vindicated. That movie is seen far more favorably now since it's the only Terminator sequel that didn't try to rehash the plot of the first two movies. I'm hoping this show goes the same route Salvation did.
    Maybe this could be a way to do the long-demanded T1/T2 style ''prequel'' to the original films, depicting the future war the way Cameron wanted to. Using the good parts of Salvation as well.

https://screenrant.com/terminator-or...james-cameron/

I never new about the cut scenes?

Mighty Member

Ever see the T2 novelisation or T2 the illustrated Screenplay books? They featured a lengthy future war sequence involving other HKs, the final fate of Sarah Connor (killed in Mexico in a machine ambush), T800 infiltrators and more!

Would also like anime versions of Cameron the female T800, Shirley Manson, African-American T800.

Who else?