Astonishing Member

Default Tsurani, Middle Earth at the time of LOTR

The Tsurani Empire from Kelewan determines they need to flee. The Academy opens a large portal that transports the Empire's part of Kelewan to offshore of Middle Earth (no tsunamis occur). Their scouts have determined that Sauron and Mordor will be their greatest threat. They have their armed forces, the Academy and add Pug and his crew at the height of his powers. Tomas comes also. They also bring some of the Elder Elves from Kelewan to chat with the Elves of Middle Earth on both sides of the seas to smooth their arrival.

Can they take down Sauron and his forces. The Academy and Pug research how to take out the One Ring and avoid its corruption if they take possession of it.

I think we once did the Valheru against Middle Earth but since they were capable of planet smashing from space, unless there was major divine intervention, it was a stomp.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

They...um...kick the **** out of Sauron's armies and murder-stomp the Nazgūl?

They have their armed forces, the Academy and add Pug and his crew at the height of his powers. Tomas comes also.
    3rd age Middle Earth doesn't have anything on it that can manage against this bunch, other than Sauron. I'm not a fan of the books - actually didn't like them - but the power levels of the characters, with mages tossing around energy like mad and the like, are above what we see the Middle Earth battles of that time. I strongly doubt Sauron's armies can stand up to this, and without them it's basically Sauron against everyone, and that's not a good look for him.

If they know HOW to take out the Ring, and at that point can just 'walk into Mordor' and find some way to arrange it to be tossed into the fire, I don't see them having any problems here.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Pug alone at his best is pretty far out of the league of anything in Middle Earth. He can pretty casually annihilate Sauron and all of his forces with a wave of his hand - like the shot he was going to take to obliterate the 1000 ship strong fleet of the Serpent Queen. That move failed, because they had prepped for him and bounced the spell, but Sauron and Co. don't have any feats for resisting things like that. Tomas also is capable of uncorking some serious horror - he IS Valheru. Nakor actually has a feat for smashing a planet with it's moon in a later book, and he's at best the third-strongest person the Feist-versers bring with them.

Pug or Tomas are probably strong-willed enough to just carry the ring to the mountain and drop it off, or, you know, open a rift right over the lava and casually drop the thing in. And Nakor likely has better-still mental resistance.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Tomas can also summon a dragon or something, right?

Ugh.

Things just got worse for Sauron.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Pug alone at his best is pretty far out of the league of anything in Middle Earth. He can pretty casually annihilate Sauron and all of his forces with a wave of his hand - like the shot he was going to take to obliterate the 1000 ship strong fleet of the Serpent Queen.
    I stopped reading after book II, so I find this pretty bemusing.
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yup, Pug got much stronger throughout the series. He was already the strongest mage in raw power by book 2, but kept adding more. And more. And more. And more.

Tomas can indeed summon dragons, as a Valheru. In fact, he'd almost certainly bring one or more with him for a thing like this, and Feist-verse dragons are nothing to screw with: teleportation, massive firepower, magic, shapeshifting. Oh, and Tomas and Pug are personally well beyond the dragons.

For the shot Pug was going to take to waste that fleet: he didn't want to do it. He knew he had the power, but he figured that a) something bad could happen because the enemy almost certainly knew he had that level of power and b) he didn't want to slaughter that many people. Miranda, realizing his power level for the first time, basically shamed him into doing it, so he just teleported there, while flying and invisible, reached back, focused power, and unleashed a shot somewhere way past city busting. It was literally done to incinerate a gigantic massive invasion fleet in the middle of the ocean. He was right: they had prepped specifically for him, they had infused the entire fleet with magic specifically designed to reflect and magnify that shot back at him. This served to take Pug out for a while, which furthered the plot, as it stopped him from stopping the entire plot of multiple books.

Again, nothing in ME has the slightest chance of doing that to the forces we're talking about. So Pug pretty much solos. And that's before we talk about everything else they can bring to bear.

Tolkein is better writing, Feist writes much more raw power.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan