Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Black Superman View Post
    a Val-Zod and Power Girl team up in live action would be amazing
    Indeed it would be.

Either way, I'm pumped the new movie could be about Val. His journey from pacifist to reluctant hands-on superhero to confident Superman the protector of the weak would translate wonderfully on the big screen.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What did everyone think of Val's story in Red & Blue #2?

Hmm so is he in some way related to Dru-Zod and Lor-Zod?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Others might disagree but I do hope Val shares the big screen with his Kara if the movie is indeed about him. Don't get me wrong, I'll still gladly watch the movie if it stars a solo Val but I feel she is just as important a piece of his mythos as Lois is of Clark's.
    That is the problem. She'd be HIS accessory, which is kind of problematic for many reasons. Give him a movie if they want, but leave PG out of it. She is not an accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm so is he in some way related to Dru-Zod and Lor-Zod?
    In the E0 universe he doesn’t exist. In E2 his dad was probably “a” Dru-Zod, but he wasn’t a military leader and his parents were executed for advocating for Jor-El. So he’s sort of the E2 version of Lor.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That is the problem. She'd be HIS accessory, which is kind of problematic for many reasons. Give him a movie if they want, but leave PG out of it. She is not an accessory.
    I see her more as his partner his equal than an "accessory".

Cool

aw, how sweet

I adore these two together. They are my favorite "Super" couple. My second favorite is Superboy & Ms. Martian from the Animated Series Young Justice.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-25-2021 at 04:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I see her more as his partner his equal than an "accessory".
    In a movie that presumably would refer to the "Superman" name quite a bit, I know who would be given priority. Actually, the fact that a rather lightweight character created only a few years ago and with no huge fanbase to speak of, might actually be considered for a solo movie before PG has even appeared in live action, or indeed more than once in animation, shows just what her chances are of being anything other than rescue bait, which she's been in the comics far too often for a character with her power set, are in such a movie.

For me, fine if you want to make a movie about Val-Zod, but as for PG, either she's in a JSA movie or HBO Max series, or in her own solo movie or HBO Max treatment----or nothing. At least not as "the girlfriend". Which is what she'd be.

In a movie that presumably would refer to the "Superman" name quite a bit, I know who would be given priority. Actually, the fact that a rather lightweight character created only a few years ago and with no huge fanbase to speak of, might actually be considered for a solo movie before PG has even appeared in live action, or indeed more than once in animation, shows just what her chances are of being anything other than rescue bait, which she's been in the comics far too often for a character with her power set, are in such a movie.

For me, fine if you want to make a movie about Val-Zod, but as for PG, either she's in a JSA movie or HBO Max series, or in her own solo movie or HBO Max treatment----or nothing. At least not as "the girlfriend". Which is what she'd be.
    To each their own. I hope Kara/Karen is in the movie if Val is the Superman they choose to go with. Her not being there for me would feel like a Superman movie without Lois Lane who is the second most important character other than Clark in that mythos: Lois gave Superman his name & shaped his public image, Kara/Karen taught a reluctant Val to stand up for himself becoming the hero she knew he could be. I feel she can still be an important character even if technically a secondary one in such a film.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-25-2021 at 05:18 PM.

What happened to Val? He sorta disappeared. Does his Earth still exist?

I don't think Power Girl would be an accessory just because she's appearing in a Superman film, same goes for Supergirl appearing in the Flash movie of all places. Appearing in a movie where you aren't the #1 star does not make one an accessory, for many people Wonder Woman was the best part of BvS and it doesn't mean that Power Girl can't get her own movie later. She is a Superman family character, Val's love interest, and very important to his story and the development of his character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What happened to Val? He sorta disappeared. Does his Earth still exist?
    Sadly, I believe so. Even though there was nothing at all redeeming about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Superman View Post
    I don't think Power Girl would be an accessory just because she's appearing in a Superman film, same goes for Supergirl appearing in the Flash movie of all places. Appearing in a movie where you aren't the #1 star does not make one an accessory, for many people Wonder Woman was the best part of BvS and it doesn't mean that Power Girl can't get her own movie later. She is a Superman family character, Val's love interest, and very important to his story and the development of his character.
    She's not Val Zod's love interest. Nu 52 PG was everyone's love interest, as long as that someone was male and had a pulse. One of the reasons why I want that version of the character to just fade away, she was intentionally made to be pretty much the opposite of what she was created to be, and had few enough redeeming features herself. Which means PG reverts to the classic version, who never met Val Zod. That you defined her in terms of Val Zod again just shows how she would be portrayed in such a movie. "Val's love interest" indeed is what she'd wind up. DC traditionally hates her. so I'm not going to believe they'd actually treat her with respect in any sense where she's not the major character or close to it.

It's a moot point though, it's not going to be Val Zod in the movie, it'll be Obama...er Calvin Elllis is it? Not the best with remembering or spelling names I'm afraid, never have been.

She's not Val Zod's love interest. Nu 52 PG was everyone's love interest, as long as that someone was male and had a pulse. One of the reasons why I want that version of the character to just fade away, she was intentionally made to be pretty much the opposite of what she was created to be, and had few enough redeeming features herself. Which means PG reverts to the classic version, who never met Val Zod. That you defined her in terms of Val Zod again just shows how she would be portrayed in such a movie. "Val's love interest" indeed is what she'd wind up. DC traditionally hates her. so I'm not going to believe they'd actually treat her with respect in any sense where she's not the major character or close to it.

It's a moot point though, it's not going to be Val Zod in the movie, it'll be Obama...er Calvin Elllis is it? Not the best with remembering or spelling names I'm afraid, never have been.
    Everything you wrote is subjective. Just because you feel a certain way about something doesn't mean other people feel the same way. We'll have to agree to disagree here.

Also, you are doing the character of Calvin Ellis is disservice by dismissing him as an Obama clone. That joke isn't funny. Calvin is an interesting character with many layers to explore.