Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't suggest such a silly thing!!!

Lord knows how pathetic one would be. (Even dumber than "Drake"!)
    I don't disagree...

Extraordinary Member

I vote for Professor Flash!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In before all the Flashes become Kid Flash, Young Flash, Old Flash, Adult Flash, .

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Here in Brazil, he had a different name until the mid 90s.

People as old as me or more still fondly remember him as Joel Ciclone (I kid you not).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is Jay getting a new codename too?
    It’s possible.
    You may not like Sentinel for Alan, but him going by the name helped him be more active in the DCU post-Crisis in clutter earth.
    The other JSAers that were really active were the ones with unique names no one else had, like Dr. Fate, Spectre and Power Girl.
    Flash sorta gets a pass, though, because of the speed force legacy thing. Even Wally still gets to be called Flash.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Maybe it was a valid argument back when DC used 1 GL at a time, but with there now being 10 or 11 human GLs and DC trying to feature more of them I don't see why Alan should be the one to get different codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It’s possible.
    You may not like Sentinel for Alan, but him going by the name helped him be more active in the DCU post-Crisis in clutter earth.
    The other JSAers that were really active were the ones with unique names no one else had, like Dr. Fate, Spectre and Power Girl.
    Flash sorta gets a pass, though, because of the speed force legacy thing. Even Wally still gets to be called Flash.
    As of this issue, Wally is actually the main Flash again. spoilers:
    Barry's joining Justice Incarnate, so he officially passes the torch.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe it was a valid argument back when DC used 1 GL at a time, but with there now being 10 or 11 human GLs and DC trying to feature more of them I don't see why Alan should be the one to get different codename.
    But Alan isn't part of the GLC, so having a different name to separate him and his source of power from the Corps members does sorta make sense . . . and there are worse names they could have come up with for him instead.

Not to mention Alan is in the HBOMax GL show.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But Alan isn't part of the GLC, so having a different name to separate him and his source of power from the Corps members does sorta make sense . . . and there are worse names they could have come up with for him instead.
    Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't Johns connect Alan's origin and power source to GLC during his GL run? Or was it later retconed away?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't Johns connect Alan's origin and power source to GLC during his GL run? Or was it later retconed away?
    That was mentioned today, even. (But I'm not sure if that retcon is Johns' )
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Alan's been connected to the Oans since the late 70s when O'Neil explained that the Starheart was the source of the magic within Alan's lantern and then Jones retconned that further to explain that the "Green Flame of Life" that guided the lantern all those centuries was the spirit of a disgraced member of the GLCorps named Yulan Gur. As far as I know, those retcons still stand and Johns never made any further tweaks to them.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I found most of it pretty "meh," but absolutely LOVE the KAMEN RIDER transition between the Flashes. Completely reminiscent of how Rider-Hongo left the security of Japan in the hands of Rider-Ichimonji when the former went overseas to Europe and the Americas to fight Shocker around the world. SO MUCH BETTER than just killing one of them off or retconning the other into nonexistence.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014