Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Stan/Steve’s run on Dr Strange, for me.

I'd second (or third or fourth) a Doc Strange based on the Ditko era.

My other choices would be a Bruce Timm Conan animated series, I love the handful of Conan pages he's done of Conan when DH had the license...

or a Timm Black Widow series with 'Tasha a SHIELD agent

with a 60's Steranko Nick Fury and SHIELD kind of vibe with Nick and the Howlers as supporting cast

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The only emotionally logical answer would be X-MEN.

2014-08-14_190909_Wolverine_4.jpg

'Nuff said.
    Last edited by zvrk; 02-28-2021 at 06:53 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Thinking outside of the box -- Machine Man.

I think they should continue doing the anime stuff that Madhouse produced years ago. It was surreal watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my choice would be...

The Avengers

And while we're at it, might as well include...

The Invaders
    Excellent choices! Love the original Avengers.

Does it have to be Bruce Timm? I feel like his stuff has been too DC related. Though I wish Marvel would hire someone with a strong design direction to do their animated shows rather than what we got for Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man animated series.

Spiderman, Daredevil and Doctor Strange

A Ghost Rider series done Frank Miller's Sin City style would be cool to.

As long as the writing matched the art, then an AVENGERS or FANTASTIC FOUR series, in regards to teams.

EDIT:
    Again, w. writing and art to match, HAWKEYE would really benefit from a cartoon of this type.

His status as a professional hero could be played kind of like the WWE’s The Miz, where he’s not considered a true top tier Avenger, but is the one called in to do photo ops and public appearances; as a professional hero he’d be apt to get involved in all sorts of shenanigans just based on his credentials.

His goofy rogues galleries (Trickshot, Whirlwind, the two balls-Odd and Eight...) would likely translate well into cartoons. He has a villainous mentor in Swordsman, circus ties that can bring in The Ringmaster and the Circus of Crime. The Black Widow as an on again off again love interest and involves him in international intrigue. Flashbacks could show him in his traditional costume/as Goliath/his horrendous skirt outfit.
    Bullseye could show up for a more serious rivalry.

He’s the kind of character where the cartoon could really influence the comic version in positive ways.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-01-2021 at 04:03 AM.

Fantastic Four
    ‘60s X-Men
    ‘60s Avengers
    Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
    Thor and the Asgardian Adventures
    Silver Surfer
    Doctor Strange and the Mighty Defenders
    Heroes for Hire
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I have never seen Bruce Timm draw Blade, but I would be in support of a show like that, where you could bump off lots of vampires in creative cartoon ways.

Give me an Elektra/Daredevil animated show. Not necessarily by Timm though. From twitter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Obviously properties like Avengers and FF come to mind (and I'd pay good money to see them). But beyond that, and this probably cutting way too close to B:TAS, I think a Bruce Timm Daredevil cartoon would be amazing. Imagining not only Matt/Daredevil in the Timm style but also what he and the writing team could do with folks like Elektra, the Owl, Mr. Fear, Bullseye, the Jester, Matador, Typhoid Mary, Death-Stalker (why Marvel hasn't brought this guy back I have no idea...he was a huge DD villain back in the day), and even Stilt-Man would be so effing cool. And you could even do a whole recurring arc about the Leap Frog being a villain but then his kid trying to redeem the family by becoming Frog-Man. Silly, I know, but I feel like Timm would be the perfect person to find the sweet spot between how dark DD has become and how absurd it used to be. Look at what he did for a character like Mr. Freeze.
    If we're talking something more along the lines of BTAS, then Daredevil for sure.

X-men as well. In fact, I believe the '92 X-men series was inspired by BTAS, at least in terms of seriousness and faithfulness to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    As long as the writing matched the art, then an AVENGERS or FANTASTIC FOUR series, in regards to teams.

EDIT:
    Again, w. writing and art to match, HAWKEYE would really benefit from a cartoon of this type.

His status as a professional hero could be played kind of like the WWE’s The Miz, where he’s not considered a true top tier Avenger, but is the one called in to do photo ops and public appearances; as a professional hero he’d be apt to get involved in all sorts of shenanigans just based on his credentials.

His goofy rogues galleries (Trickshot, Whirlwind, the two balls-Odd and Eight...) would likely translate well into cartoons. He has a villainous mentor in Swordsman, circus ties that can bring in The Ringmaster and the Circus of Crime. The Black Widow as an on again off again love interest and involves him in international intrigue. Flashbacks could show him in his traditional costume/as Goliath/his horrendous skirt outfit.
    Bullseye could show up for a more serious rivalry.

He’s the kind of character where the cartoon could really influence the comic version in positive ways.
    Timm style Hawkeye in that costume feels like such a waste...

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    If we're talking something more along the lines of BTAS, then Daredevil for sure.
    Agreed. Timm imitating Miller would be surreal (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Timm style Hawkeye in that costume feels like such a waste...
    I know, right?! Classic Hawkeye is the better direction (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-03-2021 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.