Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Crime Syndicate #1 Preview

Crime Syndicate #1 Preview
    Writer: Andy Schmidt
    Artist: Kieran McKeown

I feel like if we didn’t see the crime syndicate in Future State this would just be a random miniseries but I have a feeling we will be seeing more of these characters in the foreseeable future.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Honestly pretty excited to actually see Sea King in action

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel like if we didn’t see the crime syndicate in Future State this would just be a random miniseries but I have a feeling we will be seeing more of these characters in the foreseeable future.
    Maybe it wall be in Infinete Frontier

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"The DC Multiverse is reborn, and with it a new Earth-3!" continues DC's description. "Witness the true origins of the malevolent makers of mayhem known as the Crime Syndicate as a common foe unites them! But how long can alliances last between villains like these?"

"Kieran and I were given a once-a-lifetime opportunity to build a world from the ground up," says Schmidt. "We're establishing the Crime Syndicate's origin story for the first time—how and why they came together. And we're not taking it lightly. You'll find that you've entered a fully realized world—this is the story of the Crime Syndicate, but it's also the story of Earth-3 and it moves fast and pulls no punches.”

Okay. Good. They straight up said that this is a brand new Crime Syndicate with a new origin.
    This is not the Crime Syndicate that died in Forever Evil and Darkseid War, brought back then kidnapped and terrorized Jon Kent.
    This is not the Owlman that's obsessed with Dick Grayson, took over Metron's Chair, killed by Manhattan, revived, and in the end, died to troll Perpetua.
    That Earth-3 is gone and this is a new one, reborn with the Omniverse.

Extraordinary Member

I'm disappointed that they changed Emerald Knight from being a black Hal Jordan, like was in the original announcement, to John Stewart. Cancel culture strikes again.

(this is a joke).

How was the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I'm disappointed that they changed Emerald Knight from being a black Hal Jordan, like was in the original announcement, to John Stewart. Cancel culture strikes again.

(this is a joke).
    I think the bigger joke is they didn't even try to hide how obvious it is the character was originally meant to be Hal. John operates in Coast City, his ring taunts him about being a coward for not using lethal force with less hesitation, they even show him flying between 2 fighter jets at one point. They just changed the character's name and look and that was it. I hope the Emerald Knight back-up story goes into a better detail about the character, but the book itself while having a pretty good art didn't really grab me.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    "The DC Multiverse is reborn, and with it a new Earth-3!" continues DC's description. "Witness the true origins of the malevolent makers of mayhem known as the Crime Syndicate as a common foe unites them! But how long can alliances last between villains like these?"

"Kieran and I were given a once-a-lifetime opportunity to build a world from the ground up," says Schmidt. "We're establishing the Crime Syndicate's origin story for the first time—how and why they came together. And we're not taking it lightly. You'll find that you've entered a fully realized world—this is the story of the Crime Syndicate, but it's also the story of Earth-3 and it moves fast and pulls no punches.”

Okay. Good. They straight up said that this is a brand new Crime Syndicate with a new origin.
    This is not the Crime Syndicate that died in Forever Evil and Darkseid War, brought back then kidnapped and terrorized Jon Kent.
    This is not the Owlman that's obsessed with Dick Grayson, took over Metron's Chair, killed by Manhattan, revived, and in the end, died to troll Perpetua.
    That Earth-3 is gone and this is a new one, reborn with the Omniverse.
    With this being a Brand New Crime Syndicate, I really want each character to be more than a parody of an "evil trait". I want each of them to be shown in depth and truly how powerful each is in their own right (which is the same or better than their hero counterparts).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!