Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It was ok...seemed a bit rushed. One thing I never understood is why is Ultraman, Clark, Owlman is Bruce, Emerlad Knight is John....but Superwoman is never straight up Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was ok...seemed a bit rushed. One thing I never understood is why is Ultraman, Clark, Owlman is Bruce, Emerlad Knight is John....but Superwoman is never straight up Diana?
    She used to be until they messed with her origin. Why? I have no idea. They should have left it as it was with Superwoman as Diana. Hopefully this new version gets it right.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    She used to be until they messed with her origin. Why? I have no idea. They should have left it as it was with Superwoman as Diana. Hopefully this new version gets it right.
    This new version is Donna Troy.

https://insidepulse.com/2020/12/18/d...us-donna-troy/

Super Woman
    The Narcissist.

Donna Troy is an Amazon from Demon’s Island. She simply believes that she deserves the world. Serve her purpose, and you have use. If you have no use, you simply don’t exist to her. She wins. Nothing else matters. No loyalty. No honor. Self-serving. Always.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This new version is Donna Troy.

https://insidepulse.com/2020/12/18/d...us-donna-troy/

Super Woman
    The Narcissist.

Donna Troy is an Amazon from Demon’s Island. She simply believes that she deserves the world. Serve her purpose, and you have use. If you have no use, you simply don’t exist to her. She wins. Nothing else matters. No loyalty. No honor. Self-serving. Always.
    Oh, thanks!

Well, they seemed to change Superwoman yet again.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Andy Schmidt is infamous for his dislike of continuity and not wanting to be beholden to the work of other writers.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-02-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Owlman’s Thomas Wayne Jr although that’s usually just Bruce with a different name (although Johns did establish that the two were separate in his take). Johnny Quick and Atomica are their own takes as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Andy Schmidt is infamous for his dislike of continuity and not wanting to be beholden to the work of other writers.
    Well here’s he’s got the perfect setup since the whole Earth got rebooted after Death Metal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Yeah, he was kind of infamous with the Transformers fandom when he worked at IDW.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm okay with it this time because the change happen after the universe is reborn
    if he tried this while in the middle of an ongoing I wouldn't accept it.

Technically true, but I'm not sure if it works out in the long run. Minor characters like CSA need consistency and clear purpose, it is hard to keep interested in them when basically every writer invents his own CSA.

So wait... this Ultraman... is a good guy at heart ? Or at least, not an evil jerk just because he's born on Earth 3's Krypton ? Great

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So wait... this Ultraman... is a good guy at heart ? Or at least, not an evil jerk just because he's born on Earth 3's Krypton ? Great
    He is clearly still evil, but it does seem like he isn't corrupt to the core (and didn't even kill his parents for using him or random people or the Daily Planet staff for badmouthing him in spite of throwing a tantrum).

Incredible Member

I have to admit, I did love the all star superman inspiration for Ultraman's origin story.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I have to admit, I did love the all star superman inspiration for Ultraman's origin story.
    Venditti did it better during his Freedom Fighters miniseries with Overman.

At this point this sort of retelling is overdone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Venditti did it better during his Freedom Fighters miniseries with Overman.

At this point this sort of retelling is overdone.
    I would have preferred the original history of the characters which was minimal, but with expanded histories. But the expanded histories based on the original story, not going off on some tangent or some extraneous telling. Costumes could be updated. (Ex. Ultraman is alien who gains additional powers with kryptonite. But his personal history can be new based off of that. Superwoman is Diana from Damnation Island. But tell us more. Etc.)

I actually thought the issue was good. It moved at a quick pace and there were some nice scenes and shoutouts throughout.
    I enjoyed getting a sense of the world’s twisted history.

I’ve never been a huge CS fan, but this really caught my attention.