Thread: Two Moons

Default Two Moons

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/two-moons

Anyone else pick this up? I thought it was pretty good.

Yes, Interesing story, like the Civil War / Horror Mashup. And outstanding art.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I certainly enjoyed this first issue enough to be looking forward to the next. I found it a little confusing at first as to who was "Two Moons," but not a problem by, say, halfway through. I'm definitely glad for the setting, the era, as it's a welcome change from the general "modern day" settings of most of my reading. Lotta hope for this one.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I found the 2nd issue too dark. Not the story, the story is dark in a good way. The coloring was too dark and hid/overpowered the artwork. Comic book colorists need to learn that less is more and how the printing process works.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I thought it was fine myself.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I liked this issue as much as the first; I have a lot of hope for this series (I never seem to learn, do I?). I like that the 'horror elements' seem to be based on existing myth, rather than whole-cloth made-up, and, if course, the historical setting adds much to my enjoyment as well.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

That was a hell of an issue. It was like EC Comics put a war comic and horror comic together. "Two Fisted Tales of the Crypt". With art that looked like Severin, Davis and Craig together.