Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I wonder if they are going to keep the bit of her orgin that states that she and Destro are related.
    I’m hoping Destro and the Iron Grenadiers are some of the villains of the show

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I guess it depends on who the adversaries are (Cobra, Drednoks, Red Shadows, Iron Grenadiers) and how similar they are to their original appearances. A series where Lady Jaye faces off against some generic TV movie terrorists doesn't appeal to me. Nor would turning someone like Destro into just a regular business man in a suit. (Like Destro's appearance in the first Joe film or how the Chun Li solo movie ruined M. Bison.) Obviously, the Crimson Twins CAN be evil business men in suits, but they better have those cool Crimson Guardsmen uniformed troops backing them up!
    Destro was a regular business man in renegades. He was the head of a arms dealer organization and a war profiteer.

I wonder if they'll use this and Snake Eyes to build up Cobra before we get a proper G.I. Joe movie or something that features the Joes fighting Cobra.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It's Io9, expecting them to know what they are talking about is asking too much.
    Again, it is not inaccurate to claim that the male Joes outnumber the female ones.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll use this and Snake Eyes to build up Cobra before we get a proper G.I. Joe movie or something that features the Joes fighting Cobra.
    The producer of the films and the Snake Eyes film is involved. Perhaps it ties into what already exists

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm surprised there are people don't know who Lady Jaye is, but then I'm not as they seemed to be pushing Scarlet as the female Joe in recent years... as if more than one would be too much? Or was it her short hair? I do remember some hoopla where younger girls getting into Joe couldn't understand it. I'm a Gen xer and used to watch the cartoon with her and loved her quite a bit. I admit though, I was never a big Joe fan and I was more about the Transformers by the same company. But I do remember her making an impression on me.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-01-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I always liked Lady Jaye and Covergirl more than Scarlett anyway. I will give this show a look once we get a trailer.

Astonishing Member

Lady Jaye in the comics was not really that likeable. (That was the original intent) So I never really warmed up to her in the cartoon, plus she was always getting knocked out with a chop to the shoulder. :P

I wonder if they could get Adrienne Palicki back, I thought she did a great job.

Samara Weaving is playing Scarlett in the Snake Eyes movie, so they are really investing in the female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Destro was a regular business man in renegades. He was the head of a arms dealer organization and a war profiteer.
    Ugh, I had forgotten all about that series. Didn't care the art direction or poor man's "A-Team" premise. I DID like "Retaliation" however.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Again, it is not inaccurate to claim that the male Joes outnumber the female ones.
    True, however this was somewhat to their advantage as the two main female Joes and Cobras DID manage to get a lot more appearances in the cartoon and comics then guys like Torpedo, Air Tight, etc. Remaining mainstays of the cast even long after their action figures had left the shelves. I can't imagine the series without Scarlett, Lady Jaye and Baroness.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

I thought I remember reading some trivia that Lady Jaye appeared in more episodes than anyone else except Cobra Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    True, however this was somewhat to their advantage as the two main female Joes and Cobras DID manage to get a lot more appearances in the cartoon and comics then guys like Torpedo, Air Tight, etc. Remaining mainstays of the cast even long after their action figures had left the shelves. I can't imagine the series without Scarlett, Lady Jaye and Baroness.
    I always did find it kind of funny when random female Cobra troopers would appear in the cartoon .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always did find it kind of funny when random female Cobra troopers would appear in the cartoon .
    They had to: until Zarana The Baroness was the only female Cobra member.