Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cammy (Street fighter) vs Black Widow (Mcu)

Melee only, who wins?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I'd go with Cammy I'd probably put most SF fighters over BW myself.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Cammy hasn't got very many feats but she's meant to be in the "anime-esq superhuman," kind of category.

Without her gadgets or guns, I don't see Nat having a fun time.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Poking around for canon feats, the best I could find was Cammy getting her rear kicked by some other SF character.

Given her presentation, however, and the fact that even in that video there's a scene where she basically jumps about 15' in the air, I can't really see her having a problem beating up Widow.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ah, its been a while since I've seen her but I recalled her being more toned down compared to some SF chars.
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ah, its been a while since I've seen her but I recalled her being more toned down compared to some SF chars.
    She is, no question. Also seems to be used to get beat up to show how tough the latest enemy is.

It's just that in-canon, she's still jumping 15' in the air and managing to at least not get instantly murdered by the other characters. To me, this puts her above Widow, though she's still so shy on feats I'm hesitant to try to figure out exactly how much higher.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, considering that she is the body that M. Bison/Vega created to be his replacement (or whatever her current backstory is), I'm kinda annoyed that she isn't a lot more prominent and potent in the overall SF Mythos.

OT: Between her and Rose, and the fact that the Japanese name for the star "Vega" would be the decidedly feminine "Orihime," I'm wondering if Capcom is deliberately trying to imply that Bison/Vega is a trans man, or wants to transition into being a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, considering that she is the body that M. Bison/Vega created to be his replacement (or whatever her current backstory is), I'm kinda annoyed that she isn't a lot more prominent and potent in the overall SF Mythos.

OT: Between her and Rose, and the fact that the Japanese name for the star "Vega" would be the decidedly feminine "Orihime," I'm wondering if Capcom is deliberately trying to imply that Bison/Vega is a trans man, or wants to transition into being a woman.
    Now I don’t know the lore, but before we even get into Cammie being a host body, I haven’t even got past Bison and Vega being used interchangeably?

Wut.

I have missed A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Now I don’t know the lore, but before we even get into Cammie being a host body, I haven’t even got past Bison and Vega being used interchangeably?

Wut.

I have missed A LOT.
    Basically the original lore is, obviously, from the Japanese version of the game. And in the original game, the names of the bosses are all interchanged.

Sagat is...well, okay, Sagat.

But.

M. Bison (English) is Vega (Japanese).

Balrog (English) is M. Bison (Japanese). M. Bison? Mike Tyson, right?

And Vega (English) is Balrog (Japanese).

I'm guessing in the US they didn't want any challenges in court or whatever, because of the M. Bison thing.
    Why are we here?

Yeah it's a little weird. That's why some people just call Vega "Claw" or Bison "Dictator"
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Basically the original lore is, obviously, from the Japanese version of the game. And in the original game, the names of the bosses are all interchanged.

Sagat is...well, okay, Sagat.

But.

M. Bison (English) is Vega (Japanese).

Balrog (English) is M. Bison (Japanese). M. Bison? Mike Tyson, right?

And Vega (English) is Balrog (Japanese).

I'm guessing in the US they didn't want any challenges in court or whatever, because of the M. Bison thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Yeah it's a little weird. That's why some people just call Vega "Claw" or Bison "Dictator"
    OK, I knew none of that.

In the desert of concrete, non-apocryphal Street Fighter feats, I am once again forced to turn to this Juri movie I don't really like. But it's canon, so it's better than nothing.

At the beginning, Cammy takes a running leap from ground level to catch up with a cargo plane that's taking off. It's a bit of a silly distance she crosses easily.

Since this whole movie is designed to put Juri over, it's a bit of a curbstomp fight where she isn't particularly trying, but Cammy takes some decent hits - though Juri's holding back because she needs the plane to get where it's going - and throws her across the room with a hurricanrana, in a manner that's decidedly above what Natasha has shown in the movies. Cammy's also leaping around the walls and ceiling as easy as can be.

There is a discrepancy at the end when she gets taken out by Juri throwing a bedframe at her which takes Cammy out, but it was holding one of her Shadaloo Doll sisters, who she didn't want to crumple.

As a result they both fall out of the plane, several feet down, into the snowy side of the mountain. Cammy is not seriously injured, but is super salty.

All the same, if Natasha can somehow get a bead on her, it's possible she could shoot Cammy, but likely not before she crosses the distance and hits her with a Cannon Spike or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    OK, I knew none of that.
    If it helps, here's a visual aid of Mike Bison, aka "Balrog"

You can see why Capcom scrambled to switch things around, lol

Suppose it helps that Vega is a Spanish sounding name anyways

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    If it helps, here's a visual aid of Mike Bison, aka "Balrog"

You can see why Capcom scrambled to switch things around, lol

Suppose it helps that Vega is a Spanish sounding name anyways
    Wow. Just... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    In the desert of concrete, non-apocryphal Street Fighter feats, I am once again forced to turn to this Juri movie I don't really like. But it's canon, so it's better than nothing.
    Thank you for suffering through that, grampagen. Seems Cammy's entire point in official movies is to get beat up to show how tough the newest antagonist is. What everyone names the Worf-factor (I go with Evergreen; different character, same idea).
    Why are we here?

It's funny bc when people inth is thread said they were looking at a fight Cammy gets beat up in I actually thought of this fight in which Cammy also gets smacked down brutally (and apparently serves no purpose except to highlight the other people).
    Last edited by Postmania; 03-04-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    -Stephen McCranie