Spectacular Member

Default How would you decide what trades to get?

I'm trying to save money by reading comics online and then if I like them enough I'd buy them in trade. Would you reccomend this or are there better ways of deciding what trades to collect?

Spectacular Member

don't pirate

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I make a rough timeline/reading order based on what I've figured by the previews then buy chronologically
    Of course, it depends whether the run looks good or not, by previews or reviews

Really struggling to understand why this is a thread. Go to the trade hardcover section and ask in the faq section. Like fourm etiquette is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I'm trying to save money by reading comics online and then if I like them enough I'd buy them in trade. Would you reccomend this or are there better ways of deciding what trades to collect?
    That's a way. But even like that there are too much comics to read to make a choice.

I find paper reading nicer. I pickup only the 2-4 heroes / univers I really like even if it's not perfect.
    Then I read review to find out what tpb I should really get because it's astonishing.
    Then I read news to find out what omnibus are comming out, and I get the major runs/stories that I didn't get previously.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    don't pirate
    Better to pirate than not read