Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Thing, Ares, Rhino & Colossus vs. Abomination

616 comics. Classic "I'm 2x base Hulk" Blonsky.

Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

At least three of them are perfectly capable of a space-toss, so I feel like the numbers have it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Rhino is almost a non-factor, here.

I would say this would be rough for the four, but as noted we have a potential for a space toss...and I see Ares, who comes in with bucketloads of skill and (as I recall) Olympian weapons capable of actually cutting Abomination.

I'm not 100% invested in space tossing, mind, given one guy considerably out-strengths the other lot, so any space-tossing that's going to be done is more likely by Abomination. But between the potential for that, and for Ares chopping him up and severely degrading his effectiveness, I'm edging toward the group.

Take Ares out, replace him with some garden-variety Class 80 brick, and I'd be leaning toward Abomination for the win.

Mileage may vary. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...on that note, HAVE Colossus and Thing ever space-tossed? I don't recall.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...on that note, HAVE Colossus and Thing ever space-tossed? I don't recall.
    Urgh... I... err... dunno. Maybe not...?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    At least three of them are perfectly capable of a space-toss, so I feel like the numbers have it.
    Which three are the space-tossers here exactly? I don't think Rhino's ever done that, but I do think he's in a higher strength tier than Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Which three are the space-tossers here exactly? I don't think Rhino's ever done that, but I do think he's in a higher strength tier than Ares.
    I may well have been a bit previous with the space-toss comment. I mean I kind of think Class 80 is in that territory, but I’m not 100% sold.

But yeah, I did mean Colossus, Thing & Rhino. I think Ares is probably a little below them, strength-wise, but definitely has the most skill.

Who is the weakest person to have actually achieved a space-toss?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Who is the weakest person to have actually achieved a space-toss?
    For Thing, if we look at his, "condense the structural metal of a futuristic skyscraper into a superdense sword and swing it around like a normal melee weapon," feat; I feel like if you can wield a 10 - 100 thousand ton weapon casually, you can probably chuck a man(ish) size object 350 km straight up to achieve low orbit.

Colossus... I don't know... I don't know his feats that well to be honest.

Rhino, actually, is probably the weakest of the bunch, here. I'd be stunned if his strength was higher than that of Ares.

I don't recall any of the group actually space-tossing. If they don't have actual feats for it, I'd be iffy about them managing to do that against a guy who is well-past twice their own strengths. Yeah, maybe they can manage the mass, but we're talking about a struggling, much-stronger-than-they mass that's busy punching them in the face at the same time. *wiggles hand* Colossus is supposed to be around Class 100 now, but I have yet to see any feats putting him in that area. Like, at all.

If - and this is a big if - Ares' standard equipment includes super-tough Olympian weapons (he had those at one point) that cut through all kinds of crap, I'd be somewhat cool with him being able to chop up Abomination enough for this dogpile to get the win. He's tons more skilled than Abomination, and potentially faster.

If he doesn't have those special weapons, all it means is he's going to break whatever weapons he IS carrying on Abomination. At which point I start to head in the other direction, with Abomination beating the snot out of everyone else, space tossing THEM (he's a legit Class 100 as I recall), etc.
    Why are we here?

Oh yeah, Abomination is definitely a legit Class 100. Like Arby says in the OP, he’s generally portrayed as stronger than baseline Hulk, only losing when Hulk gets really angry.

Rhino once punched Nova above the clouds with Nova remarking about being in low orbit or some such.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Oh yeah, Abomination is definitely a legit Class 100. Like Arby says in the OP, he’s generally portrayed as stronger than baseline Hulk, only losing when Hulk gets really angry.
    That was something that the original Marvel Superhero RPG got right. They statted Abomination as having a Strength of 100 (like Class 100), but the Hulk starts with just a 90. Then as Hulk gets angry, his Strength stat increases and potentially exceeds Abomination's Strength. However, they tended to give everybody else in the Class 100 range the same Strength of 100: Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, Gladiator, etc. Namor had a strength of 75 on land and 100 in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Rhino once punched Nova above the clouds with Nova remarking about being in low orbit or some such.
    That seems a tad outside of what we've seen him do, in my opinion. O_o I could be wrong - haven't paid as much attention to the character in a while.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

If Ben is able to space toss/punch (notwithstanding that that should actually be more of an issue about being able to throw things at super speed rather than brute force), then I can see Piotr judo-flipping Abomination in his general direction so that he can get a clean hit while Abomination is in freefall (and possibly not even able to see Ben at the time, depending on how he's flipped.

Actually, even if any one of them can't do a comic-book space toss, would two-three of them smacking him up at the same time manage it? Because Abomination is sufficiently large that more than one of them should be able to punch him at once without getting in one another's way and I can see at least Thing/Colossus/Ares being able to coordinate a flip/double-punch combo on the fly while Rhino just charges in headfirst.