Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Gods of Egypt
    G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
    Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
    X-men: Dark Phoenix
    New Mutants
    Tag

From what I've seen these are all disliked by the majority of people, but I honestly found them all to be at least entertaining and great in some cases.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Kaiju fans were said to have hated the 1998 version of Godzilla, but I enjoyed it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Gods of Egypt
    The special effects were great. I think the problem was in its racist implications.

Its been mentioned more than once already, but Howard The Duck came to my mind first. I freaking loved that movie as a kid. Would always watch it when it was on HBO.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The special effects were great. I think the problem was in its racist implications.
    And general white-washing yeah.

It's unfortunate because it's a really fun movie with lots of cool concepts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its been mentioned more than once already, but Howard The Duck came to my mind first. I freaking loved that movie as a kid. Would always watch it when it was on HBO.
    Yes. Was/am a fan of it too.

And don't forget Condorman!

My bad ones that I love are pretty much Superhero films.

The Green Lantern.
    Batman Forever - The only part I really didnt like was the Two Face coin flipping scene in Wayne Manor. But over all this is such a fun movie
    The Amazing Spiderman movies.
    Daredevil (But maybe it was because the sound track was on point)
    Xmen First Class.
    The Shadow
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-05-2021 at 06:21 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Not sure where they fall on the "Universally disliked" spectrum, but movies I like enough to own on Vudu that I get crap from friends for owning include:

"Blast from the Past" starring Brendan Fraser, Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, and Dave Foley.
    "Edge of Tomorrow" starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt
    Stephen King's "the Langoliers" TV movie (it's not good, but I loved the story so much I don't care)

and a few I liked as a child, so hard to judge like "Enemy Mine", "Legend" (Tom Cruise version), "the Neverending Story", and the first "Troll" movie (not the sequel, which is one of the legendary "so bad it's good" movies, though as a fan of the first I was just sad watching it).

As a Kid i always loved Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, but i never rewatched since i became an adult.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I saw Attack Of The Clones three times at the cinema. In retrospect though, I was probably having some kind of breakdown at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I saw Attack Of The Clones three times at the cinema. In retrospect though, I was probably having some kind of breakdown at the time.
    Though Yoda throwing down with Duku was worth the price of admission.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Not sure where they fall on the "Universally disliked" spectrum, but movies I like enough to own on Vudu that I get crap from friends for owning include:

"Blast from the Past" starring Brendan Fraser, Alicia Silverstone, Christopher Walken, Sissy Spacek, and Dave Foley.
    "Edge of Tomorrow" starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt
    Stephen King's "the Langoliers" TV movie (it's not good, but I loved the story so much I don't care)

and a few I liked as a child, so hard to judge like "Enemy Mine", "Legend" (Tom Cruise version), "the Neverending Story", and the first "Troll" movie (not the sequel, which is one of the legendary "so bad it's good" movies, though as a fan of the first I was just sad watching it).
    Edge of Tomorrow has 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. If anything, own the *heck* out of it.

Astonishing Member

This isn't a movie. But I recently started watching Agents of Shield on Netflix. So I head all kinds of negative stuff about this show and never watched it. Well I said what the heck and started. I am not sure what everyone complained about this is a perfectly fun show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And general white-washing yeah.

It's unfortunate because it's a really fun movie with lots of cool concepts.
    I never had any problem with that I mean they were playing gods of Egypt not real people.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Have the tides turned against Gone with the Wind and people now dislike it because of it's racism? Because aside from the slave characters I think the movie kicks ass to this day.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 03-06-2021 at 02:16 AM.