Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Dungeons & Dragons. I actually saw this in the theater. Jeremy Irons seemed like he was having fun hamming it up as the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Han Solo. Great movie.
    I wouldn't say it's universally disliked outside of things like message boards, but I feel like the film got an unfair shake since it was basically replacing Harrison Ford and folks went in with low expectations. I really enjoyed the movie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Man in the Iron Mask, with Leo DiCaprio and Jeremey Irons. never understood the hate for the movie. the story telling and the acting were quite good even though there was something off about the production quality.
    I think most of the hate just came from late-90s disdain for Leonardo DiCaprio, fresh from oversaturation of Titanic (which itself isn't fair to DiCaprio, either). Otherwise, yeah, I thought this was a fine film and would easily catch it if it were playing on a Sunday afternoon, and it had some of my favorite fight scenes at the time -- where else would you see four legends like Malkovich, Irons, Byrne, and Depardieu do fight scenes together?

Really, the only thing I disliked was Irons' delivery of a single line: "I'M TRYING TO PRAY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    For the sequels. The original movie is the only one I ever see anyone talk fondly about.
    Dark side of the Moon is my favorite.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Han Solo. Great movie.
    I really enjoyed Han Solo! And I didn't think I would buy the actor as Han, but he was good.

I like "Kull the Conqueror" with Kevin Sorbo (please keep politics away from this), but most think it's a bad cheesy movie. I thought it was solid fun.

Spider-Man 3, Power Rangers (2017), Tomb Raider (2018), Mortal Engines, Star Wars prequels.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Most I know actually liked Han Solo. RT gives it a 69%.

Anyway... most recently: Cats movie. I don't see anything creepy, and I'm a huge fan of the musical.

Matrix Revolutions
    Star Trek V (and I don't really like IV, aside from a few cheap one-liners)

And yeah... Howard the Duck.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

For me it is the Daredevil movie from 2003. I don't like the rubber suit and I don't like that campy scene with the dancing and the park bench and all that but the rest of the movie was fine I thought.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    For me it is the Daredevil movie from 2003. I don't like the rubber suit and I don't like that campy scene with the dancing and the park bench and all that but the rest of the movie was fine I thought.
    I kinda feel the same way about Elektra. Its a perfectly mediocre movie, but not bad. If it came on regular TV I wouldn't turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Most I know actually liked Han Solo. RT gives it a 69%.

Anyway... most recently: Cats movie. I don't see anything creepy, and I'm a huge fan of the musical.

Matrix Revolutions
    Star Trek V (and I don't really like IV, aside from a few cheap one-liners)

Solo seems like a very divisive movie to me. At least in other forums. Box office was very underwhelming. A big flop, hence no sequel. It feels more like a forgotten movie by now.

Solo was a good movie, it just didn't feel like that was Han Solo. I think that is where it failed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Jennifer Lynch's Boxing Helena. I actually find poetry in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Star Trek V
    Yay another ST5 fan! I LOVE that movie. Its one of the few OG ST movies (1-6) that I feel didn't have, um, pacing problems. Plus it was quotable. "Please captain...not in front of the Klingons."

Likewise. I'm starting to wonder if Howard the Duck belongs in this thread now...it seems to be one of those publicly people say they hate it, privately its beloved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Solo was a good movie, it just didn't feel like that was Han Solo. I think that is where it failed.
    I felt it was Han Solo but younger. I really liked his chemistry with Chewy.

Battlefield Earth. Though more in "can't turn away from watching a car wreck" than actual enjoyment.

I thought Street Fighter and G.I. Joe were good movies.

Not "so bad it's good" but legitimately entertaining.