Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

*Ones that really live up to the bad-mediocre rating:
    1. Batman Forever (of the two Schumacher movies, this one is worse)
    2. Batman & Robin
    3. Daredevil (Director's Cut. Theatrical version is even dumber and less pleasant to watch)
    4. Double Dragon
    5. Fantastic Four (Tim Story's films)
    6. Godzilla (1998)
    7. Knockoff (JCVD and Rob Schneider duo)
    8. Lionheart (1991)
    9. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
    10. Punisher War Zone
    11. Robocop II and III
    12. Street Fighter (JCVD and Raul Julia)
    13. Superman III
    14. Superman IV: Quest for Peace
    15. The Punisher (1989)
    16. The Quest (Another Van-Damme gem)
    17. Every live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie that is not the 1990 one, the only good movie using those characters without teaming them up with another dimension/city hero(es)
    18. X-Men: Apocalypse (title villain is not one of its problems)
    19. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (the main game from Ravensoft is good and fun, the other games have some right ideas too)

*Ones I legit think are good:
    1. Alien 3: Assembly Cut (it has its issues, but not enough to make it less than good)
    2. Dangerous Minds (1995)
    3. Escape Plan
    4. Hulk (it needed less whispering level of dialogue, beside that it's an underrated Ang Lee movie)
    5. Judge Dredd (even Rob Schneider is good in it, and I'm not a fan of his)
    6. Predator 2
    7. Predators (this one is more divisive than panned)
    8. Radio (Cuba Gooding jr and Ed Harris)
    9. Spider-Man 3
    10. The Amazing Spider-Man, both of them
    11. The Incredible Hulk (I place it somewhere in the middle of the ranks of the MCU)
    12. The Punisher (2004)
    13. X-Men III: The Last Stand (I thought it was disappointing in theater, but it is seriously better than what I keep reading about it)
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Only the strong
    Book of Eli
    Son in Law
    Screwed
    Wolverine origins(Not good but I have fun with it.)

Whats the requirement? I've seen people list Ironman 3. It's got solid critic and audience ratings. Low for the MCU I guess but it's still positive. If the counts then put Ironman 3 on my list too.

Shakespeare in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Shakespeare in Love.
    How is a movie that won the Best Picture Oscar universally disliked?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is a movie that won the Best Picture Oscar universally disliked?
    How many people voted for it to become best picture and how many dislike it?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    How many people voted for it to become best picture and how many dislike it?
    I have truly never heard that most people disliked it. It is very well received on Rotten Tomatoes and IMBD by both critics and users. It was a popular movie.
    How is it Universally Disliked?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm fond of End of Days.
    Off the top of my head, was that the one with him protecting some pregnant woman from demons?
    "Cable was right!"

If I go by this Forum. JJ Abrams' Star Trek movies and Batman vs Superman.
    Good one.

There's no such thing as a universally disliked movie. The ones that are mostly disliked *cough* Highlander 2 *cough* are deservedly disliked.

Then there's the movies like the ones you mentioned or the MCU or Star Wars episodes 7, 8 and 9 that make a billion dollars but people that don't like them declare them to be popular failures. That is not to delegitimize their complaints but the claim that they were failures with the overwhelming majority of the audience is demonstrably, overwhelmingly false based on the evidence of people going to see them over and over and over.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Godzilla (1998)

Hulk (2003)

The Amazing Spider-Man movies
    Yes. I thought Godzilla (1998) was a decent movie. Nothing great but good.

Hulk (2003) just wasn't the big superhero action movie people wanted. It was deeply character driven and explored those characters in depth.

I really will never grasp why the Amazing Spider-Man movies failed. Okay, sure, Electro. But almost everything else was so good and really got to the heart of who Spider-Man is.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

Battleship, yes dumb as all get out, but I had fun.
    Yeah. This.

As for Star Wars Ep 1, it was the weakest of the first 6, but I also thought it the most visually gorgeous and compelling of the entire franchise, bar none.

I like Superman Returns and Justice League. But I don't think they are universally disliked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I really will never grasp why the Amazing Spider-Man movies failed. Okay, sure, Electro. But almost everything else was so good and really got to the heart of who Spider-Man is.
    I always felt it was because it wasn't in the MCU. Even now everyone is clamoring for new characters to show-up. Why wouldn't they want one of the flagship characters to interact with Iron Man and Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I liked number 2, but Andrew Garfield was pretty bad as Spider-man. Half of his lines were just him laughing sheepishly and he was the cause of all of the trouble in the first one

I just didn't think either ASM movie was good. The villains were weak and Garfield was the least Parkerish Peter we have seen. IMHO.
    When you have Spider-Man 1 and 2 as your benchmark, you better make a great film.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

John Carter, Alien 3 and both Hulks may not have been successful enough in a studios eyes but are legit good genre movies for their times.
    I second Daredevil, Elektra, Robocop II, judge Dredd and End of Days. The other movies are distant memories like tears in the rain