Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I just didn't think either ASM movie was good. The villains were weak and Garfield was the least Parkerish Peter we have seen. IMHO.
    When you have Spider-Man 1 and 2 as your benchmark, you better make a great film.
    Spider-Man was the first super-hero I was ever exposed to, way back in the seventies, and made me an instant fan. I was hugely disappointed by the first Rami Spider-Man film, but thought Spider-Man 2 was a great film, even though Spider-Man didn't feel like Spider-Man to me. The Amazing Spider-Man is my favourite of the Spider-Man films, even though as a film it isn't as good as SM2. Garfield is my favourite of the big-screen Spideys/Peter Parkers, feeling the most like the SM/PP I remember reading, although I do feel none of the films have quite nailed the Spider-Man/Peter Parker dynamic. ASM2 had the best Spidey costume, imo, but was all over the place as a movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Spider-Man was the first super-hero I was ever exposed to, way back in the seventies, and made me an instant fan. I was hugely disappointed by the first Rami Spider-Man film, but thought Spider-Man 2 was a great film, even though Spider-Man didn't feel like Spider-Man to me. The Amazing Spider-Man is my favourite of the Spider-Man films, even though as a film it isn't as good as SM2. Garfield is my favourite of the big-screen Spideys/Peter Parkers, although I feel non of the films have quite nailed the Spider-Man/Peter Parker dynamic. ASM2 had the best Spidey costume, imo, but was all over the place as a movie.
    People always talk about a Peter/Spider-Man dynamic, but when I read the comics, I see none of that, so what is everyone talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    If you're referring to the movie from 1986, then you can count me in as one of its many admirers

Ugh, the 1986 movie is the worst movie that I'll watch 2x a year.

Don't @ me.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    People always talk about a Peter/Spider-Man dynamic, but when I read the comics, I see none of that, so what is everyone talking about?
    The classic Peter Parker/Spider-Man dynamic is, as I remember it, that Peter is a very smart, rather serious kid who is constantly feeling the weight of responsibility; as Spider-Man he is able to cut-loose and be extrovert and jokey/flippant in a way he finds himself too self-conscious to do without the mask, bringing out a side of himself that has no place in his normal life. Peter has no-one to talk to about his Spider-Man problems, forcing him to spend a lot of time in his head where the reader becomes his only confidant.

Well for this forum:

Batman vs Superman
    Solo
    Dark Phoenix
    Spider-Man 3

All good movies and all get maligned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Phantom Menace.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The classic Peter Parker/Spider-Man dynamic is, as I remember it, that Peter is a very smart, rather serious kid who is constantly feeling the weight of responsibility; as Spider-Man he is able to cut-loose and be extrovert and jokey/flippant in a way he finds himself too self-conscious to do without the mask, bringing out a side of himself that has no place in his normal life. Peter has no-one to talk to about his Spider-Man problems, forcing him to spend a lot of time in his head where the reader becomes his only confidant.
    My point was more that the dynamic felt overstated. Many comics, even the Ditko ones, didn't have a big difference between Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

I dig Prometheus, love maybe too strong but I'm madly in like. I think it works as another Alien installment and even better as a sci-fi horror movie. It's worst crime was over-reaching it's grasp, that and some of the mains ambitions were way too lofty but Resurrection and Alien 3 and movies I never go back to. I'm good to sit through (thank you HBO) Alien and Aliens 4 or 5 times each a year. If the kids are gone I'm putting that on while I pick up the house and Prometheus is in that rotation. Yes there are a couple of clown characters that get picked off but the manner in how they got picked off was great. ALL THE DEATHS were dope. The creators were dope, I'll be stuck on that surgery machine chick performed on herself for life. This ship, the pods, I dig Charleze in damn near anything. There were some similar beats from parts of the first two but in this setting they came on fresh to me.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I have a few guilty pleasure movies.

Paul Anderson Resident Evil movies ( 1 & 2). As a fan of Resident evil, those live action films are a middle finger to fans of the games ( mainly the movies past the second film). However, I do enjoy the first two even though they aren't really game accurate either but the second one at least tries and is mindless fun.

Micheal Bay's Transformers 1 and 3 Dark of the Moon. Transformers fans HATE the bay movies but I find the first and third films to be enjoyable.

The Underworld movies (Katie Beckinsale as a hot vampire sign me up lol)

Sam Rami Spider Man 3- Hate what they did to Venom and it has it's cringe moments, but still a fun movie.

Amazing Spider Man 2- It's not a great film AT ALL. But I did appreciate it's attempt at world building ( even though it misses the mark) and the chemistry between Andrew and Emma Stone is undeniable.

There are a few more but those are ones off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Solo was a good movie, it just didn't feel like that was Han Solo. I think that is where it failed.
    Yea Solo is a decent film it just came out at the wrong time. It didn't really have anything to do with recasting Harrison ( the movie was showing a young Han Solo). It's just the movie came out a few months after Star Wars fans became divided after Last Jedi. So Solo's hate was more due to folks being mad at Disney for "ruining Star Wars" with the last Jedi.

Speaking of Last Jedi ( I don't hate it as much as other Star Wars fans do).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Prince Of Persia

Fantastic Four 1 and 2
    Ghost Rider 1
    DragonBall Evolution.
    Agree on the Fantastic four movies and Ghost Rider. Prince of Persia was a rough one for me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Off the top of my head, was that the one with him protecting some pregnant woman from demons?
    Yup. He had to protect her because she was gonna give birth to the anti christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Paul Anderson Resident Evil movies ( 1 & 2). As a fan of Resident evil, those live action films are a middle finger to fans of the games ( mainly the movies past the second film). However, I do enjoy the first two even though they aren't really game accurate either but the second one at least tries and is mindless fun.
    Personally the 5th one is my favorite just because of how over the top dumb that movie is(a reminder: that's the one that takes place in a secret underwater base in the arctic that is broken up into sections dressed up to look like major cities, and straight up steals the opening of the Dawn of the Dead remake). I do kinda like that whole series even with how loose it is with adapting the games, though I absolutely hate the final one, it's the only one I won't watch again.

Ghost Rider was bad and almost universally panned by the critics but I actually liked it.

Same with Green Lantern. Not as bad as made out to be but still bad. But I liked it.

"The Man From Uncle" movie, to my surprise, was the biggest flop of it's year but I thought it was very good.

I liked the last FF movie until the last 20 minutes or so. Up until then, I kind of liked the weird, mundane style like they were almost doing a documentary on the daily lives of the characters. Then, in the last few minutes it was like, "Oh, we've got to contrive a big action/ fight scene to end this and it's got to come out of nowhere because we can't just have everybody say goodnight and go to bed for the ending".
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

This might be a little out of the genre most are taking about but I pick Brother Bear. Like what was bad about this movie as far as Disney animated movies? It was really good. Not just bad good, but a really good movie. It has 37 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. WTF?