Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Why does Callisto still wear a patch?

Storm recently killed Callisto in the Crucible. The Five subsequently resurrected Callisto in a new body. So, why is she still wearing a patch. Her new body doesn't have the same injury as her old one. The only explanation that would make sense is that Callisto was born without her right eye, but my impression was that it was injury. Am I missing something here?

BANNED

Aesthetics.

Maybe as a way for fans to recognize her?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

On some panels, she also still appears to have facial scars.
    My flag is bacon.

Years ago when she could have been healed, I remember Callisto mentioning something like the facial scars and missing eye are part of her identity as the Morlock Callisto. In her previous life, she was beautiful, had longer, fully hair and both eyes (no facial scarring). So presumably, this is how Callisto identifies herself.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Branding..
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Once a Morlock, always a Morlock. Probably to still separate herself from the “pretty people”. She spent a little time as a model thanks to Masque, but that wasn’t who she truly was. This is Callisto.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    On some panels, she also still appears to have facial scars.
    It's funny how even under normal circumstances, the different artists never manage to agree on how scarred, old or normal Callisto looks like. The only thing they could agree on was that she wears an eyepatch.

In just one year of appearances she could be depicted from young 20 something with no scars, to looking like a 50 year old with plenty of scars and everything in between.

She stabbed out her own eye to prove how hardcore she is.

Astonishing Member

They eyepatch is her eye ?

Because she’s punk as f....

536F8D6C-320D-4BDD-9597-AD6838148216.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; 02-28-2021 at 05:00 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Eh, join the queue with the likes of Chamber or Nanny who shouldn't have half their face blown off (which has been fixed *twice* on-panel) or be stuck in an egg-shaped cybernetic body the Right stuck her in as punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's funny how even under normal circumstances, the different artists never manage to agree on how scarred, old or normal Callisto looks like. The only thing they could agree on was that she wears an eyepatch.

In just one year of appearances she could be depicted from young 20 something with no scars, to looking like a 50 year old with plenty of scars and everything in between.
    Well, she went through 10+ years in another dimension at one point, while the MU went through less than a year (Which is how Marrow went from a kid to a teenager/young woman). So she shouldn't be that young anyway, although I suppose The Five might have brought her back younger (if the aim is actual immortality, they pretty much have to be spitting people out younger than they went in).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personal choice. Visual identity/branding. But more than that...it just looks so badass.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Well, she went through 10+ years in another dimension at one point, while the MU went through less than a year (Which is how Marrow went from a kid to a teenager/young woman). So she shouldn't be that young anyway, although I suppose The Five might have brought her back younger (if the aim is actual immortality, they pretty much have to be spitting people out younger than they went in).
    When Collosus encountered her after she returned from The Hill, that was the only time the 10+ years she had aged were visualy depicted, but in her next appearances in Uncanny X-men #325, she looked early 30's again, same in her appearance in Storm's mini series, Operation Zero Tolerance, until one X-men issue where she suddently has the face of an old witch and back to early 30's in the next appearance.

At this point they might aswell reveal she has a secondary mutation that makes her age backwards and forward constantly.

Something something lame writing, having your cake and eating it too.
    Last edited by Daedra; 02-28-2021 at 06:05 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”