BANNED

Default Farscape Universe invades Star Wars Empire at its peak

So let’s say a wormhole opened to the Star Wars universe and the scarrens and Peacekeepers send in their military

Could the Empire at its peak beat them back?

In this scenario The Scarrens have the Charrids as back up troops

The Empire is at its best and has billions of clone troopers to offset the fact that Scarrens are built like tanks.

If no ones seen this show I’ll explain a bit later

BANNED

Lol guess no one saw this show

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Lol guess no one saw this show
    Nah, I know a number have watched Farscape. Most threads take more than 2 hours for a reply, is all.

That being said, I'm fairly rusty on Farscape. I think the big question is how the various ships measure up to one another. If the various capital ships have parity with each other, than I can see the Peacekeepers and the Scarrans being able to become an important faction within the Star Wars galaxy.

I do not see either actually conquering the Empire, save MAYBE if the wormhole opens above Coruscant AND the attackers get lucky. The biggest issue is one of scale - an Imperial Star Destroyer can expect to cross from one end of the Empire to the other in a matter of weeks at worst, while I do not think either Farscape faction can comfortably go from one end of their galaxy to the opposite in any reasonable timeframe. That means that, in any setting where neither side has an overwhelming technical might, the Empire can probably afford to trade space for time. Especially since I believe the Empire simply has more worlds with viable populations than both the Scarrens and the Peacekeepers combined. This means that the Empire can probably build up a fleet, or a group of fleets, large enough to simply overwhelm the corresponding Peacekeeper or Scarren fleets.

So, I think the big thing in this scenario is whether or not the Scarrens and/or the Peacekeepers can come through and obtain and hold local military superiority long enough to establish themselves as a legitimate local power, and then bargain with the Empire for continued existence/recognition. The Rebellion worked because it was spread throughout the Empire with local support. When the Empire found them gathered together, it could crush them (see Hoth). The Scarrens and Peacekeepers do not have that advantage with this scenario, which is there largest problem.

This is the major issue with using Star Wars (or WH40K for that matter) in one of these matches - the scale makes it hard to find a good counter. I would have pegged the Farscape factions closer to those of the major Mass Effect, Star Trek, or maybe Babylon 5 factions (latter is probably too small to win, actually).
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Nah, I know a number have watched Farscape. Most threads take more than 2 hours for a reply, is all.

That being said, I'm fairly rusty on Farscape. I think the big question is how the various ships measure up to one another. If the various capital ships have parity with each other, than I can see the Peacekeepers and the Scarrans being able to become an important faction within the Star Wars galaxy.

I do not see either actually conquering the Empire, save MAYBE if the wormhole opens above Coruscant AND the attackers get lucky. The biggest issue is one of scale - an Imperial Star Destroyer can expect to cross from one end of the Empire to the other in a matter of weeks at worst, while I do not think either Farscape faction can comfortably go from one end of their galaxy to the opposite in any reasonable timeframe. That means that, in any setting where neither side has an overwhelming technical might, the Empire can probably afford to trade space for time. Especially since I believe the Empire simply has more worlds with viable populations than both the Scarrens and the Peacekeepers combined. This means that the Empire can probably build up a fleet, or a group of fleets, large enough to simply overwhelm the corresponding Peacekeeper or Scarren fleets.

So, I think the big thing in this scenario is whether or not the Scarrens and/or the Peacekeepers can come through and obtain and hold local military superiority long enough to establish themselves as a legitimate local power, and then bargain with the Empire for continued existence/recognition. The Rebellion worked because it was spread throughout the Empire with local support. When the Empire found them gathered together, it could crush them (see Hoth). The Scarrens and Peacekeepers do not have that advantage with this scenario, which is there largest problem.

This is the major issue with using Star Wars (or WH40K for that matter) in one of these matches - the scale makes it hard to find a good counter. I would have pegged the Farscape factions closer to those of the major Mass Effect, Star Trek, or maybe Babylon 5 factions (latter is probably too small to win, actually).
    I don’t recall how fast a ship could go in Farscape, reading up on starburst, a leviathan goes into a different kind of dimension and travels faster then light...as that’s impossible I imagine thry have their own form of hyperspace travel. It was never explained explicitly in the series.

I know a peacekeeper command carrier could go almost as fast as a leviathan, least Farscape wiki says so, but a Scarren Striker could go faster.

Well there are likely billions of peacekeepers and Scarrens, also remembers that Scarrens outnumber peacekeepers ten to one, plus Scarrens have the charids as shock troops.

I wonder how the empire would handle a ground fight with storm troopers versus Scarrens who can take multiple plasma shots without flinching plus their heat projection. They’d need some heavy duty weapons to kill Scarrens and if they’re are thousands I think I’d side with Scarrens

The peacekeepers are pretty good pilots and soldiers but they seem to lack decent military leadership, during the peacekeeper wars the high chancellor was losing every battle but Scorpius was able to outsmart the Scarrens