Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Does Mike Tyson Look like Nat King Cole?

When I first saw Mike Tyson's picture in 1987, I thought that he looked like Nat King Cole. Upon learning that he was a Boxer, I could only imagine him singing and swinging his punches with style and grace. Tell me if there isn't a family gene that might make Tyson and King related?

I really can see Mike Tyson singing this song...

Niffleheim

doesn't Tyson have a lisp? and nobody can sing like Nat King Cole. NOBODY lmao! my god! i wanna hit something because you actually thought of this.

Incredible Member

blasphemy

And they carried themselves entirely differently. Nat King Cole gives off the completed inverted Vibe of Tyson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFgS57vyQWw

Retired

Nat Cole and Oscar Peterson didn't look alike, but when they sang, they sounded almost alike. Nat's voice was maybe slightly deeper (from too much smoking?). The Canadian jazz musician, Peterson, is better known for his piano playing, while the American jazz crooner, Cole, is better known for his singing--but they both did both very well.

Last edited by Jim Kelly; 06-01-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Wtf?!?

No!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Nat Cole and Oscar Peterson didn't look alike, but when they sang, they sounded almost alike. Nat's voice was maybe slightly deeper (from too much smoking?). The Canadian jazz musician, Peterson, is better known for his piano playing, while the American jazz crooner, Cole, is better known for his singing--but
    I never heard him sing, thanks.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Tyson could pull off a Nat King Cole in an acting role.

Ultimate Member

They look nothing alike.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I never heard him sing, thanks.
    Nat Cole? If so, you need to, ASAP! The man was....liquid gold is the best way I can describe it. The smoothest singer I've ever heard, though Sinatra comes close. But Nat King Cole was just the best. His voice was a treasure. He was, dare I say it, unforgettable in every way.

Tyson OTOH was a great boxer. Which is fine, but for me, Cole is the one I like best of the two......and NO, they don't look alike. Of course, Tyson now has all those ugly tats.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They look nothing alike.
    Especially when you factor in the facial tattoo.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i think they have a similar nose shape depending on the angle but overall not really

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Mike Tyson nearly had a music career instead of boxing. In fact I remember reading where he told Gus D'Amato back then how he wanted to give it all up for a music career as an angry teenage kid. From what was detailed he said , "Gus , I wanna sing and hurt people musically. I see myself a Nat King Cole. I wanna scar their children as I sing Unforgettable !"

Sadly for Tyson his dreams of a music career torturing people through singing didn't happen. No labels would sign him. Instead he had to stick to boxing. Music lost a huge star...for damn sure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Other than skin color, I don't see the resemblance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Other than skin color, I don't see the resemblance.
    Well, they are both males . . .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, they are both males . . .
    Point taken.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!