Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

i wanna see it end just so i can stop seeing it being used as an excuse by fans
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i wanna see it end just so i can stop seeing it being used as an excuse by fans
    Agreed.All these people better buy every single issue after OMD is fully addressed

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.All these people better buy every single issue after OMD is fully addressed
    But what if it remains ( which I suspect), Peter keeps getting kicked around like a dog, and a new writer appears? I say no more waiting, wishing and hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I always find it funny to see something be "so hated" when it's always the same ten people on the internet talking about it.
    I hate it because my favorite story arcs had Pete and MJ as a couple. To me getting rid of that is... well.. ruining the fictional setting.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    But what if it remains ( which I suspect), Peter keeps getting kicked around like a dog, and a new writer appears? I say no more waiting, wishing and hoping.
    what if its leaves and peter is still getting kicked around

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what if its leaves and peter is still getting kicked around
    Pete was getting kicked around before OMD sooo....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The problem is that Peter's life is pretty much summed up in his prayer in ASM v4 #35
    Hello, God... This is Peter Parker. Can I ask a favor? I know I've been your personal cat toy for the last few years...but can we not do that to me again for a while? Not real long, I know the odds on that are about zero...but just for a little while. Say...fifty or sixty years? I mean, that's not long in your terms, right? Just kidding, God... Just kidding. But I'll bet you knew that, didn't you?

so nothing really changes

Astonishing Member

He lost battles before, but nothing like we have seen with Slott and now Spencer.

hmm.. why wasn't the Siege Perilous used instead of having Mephisto warp reality? seems like a less demonic-consequences way to give yourself another life.

Astonishing Member

He lost battles before, but nothing like we have seen with Slott and now Spencer.
    You really sure about that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You really sure about that?
    I am very aware of his losses ( see ASM 121 as an example), but over the past 13 years it is on average been relentless.

Astonishing Member

I am very aware of his losses ( see ASM 121 as an example), but over the past 13 years it is on average been relentless.
    Kindred dug up much more than Gwen Stacy's body. He's been tossed around by Morlun, Juggernaut, some random kid with superpowers. He's never really had a winning streak.

Astonishing Member

Peter never wins all the time. Even when he wins, he often loses in some other fashion. But PCN24454 is right, Peter has never had a substantial winning streak. It is intrinsic for his character that he doesn't. Peter is the underdog and each battle that he loses further showcases his resolve. He keeps at it until he does win and that victory is all the more sweeter for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I don't think One More Day will get undone... At least in a conventional sense.
    But I've said before, I think Marvel regret how they handled the story, not the actual idea itself.
    They would mostly likely want to say "Yeah, we're with you guys" without actually reversing it.
    I want to point out, it's considered poor taste to undo something so big, especially from an editor in chief. Especially considering Quesada is still at Marvel. They probably don't want to burn bridges with him.
    Shooter they can as he was fired and he did the marriage, but Quesada still has an office at Marvel.

Maybe one day, maybe in 10 or 20 years, if it's still an issue, One More Day will get undone. But for now, it's effectively admitting it made a mistake and would rather move forward.
    It won't get reversed. It will just be addressed and overcome in some fashion. The issue with Peter's soul will be fixed, Peter will be free from further reprisals (Mephisto can't do anything directly TO Peter, but he can to those who are close to him) and it will allow Peter to remarry MJ in the future (if Marvel so wishes to redo it).

But OMD happened and it won't be wiped away. As you said, Marvel (at the time) liked the idea, just not the execution.