Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And you know, not to beat a dead horse but I also explicitly remember Didio saying one of his reasons for wanting a single Spider-Man again because writers couldn't do stories like "Peter going through temptation with Felicia" or any other potential love interests.
    I think you mean Quesada, Didio is (or rather *was*) the DC guy. Though I think both of them were similar in ideas so that explains the confusion.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think you mean Quesada, Didio is (or rather *was*) the DC guy. Though I think both of them were similar in ideas so that explains the confusion.
    Right, typo on my part lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think they need to 'undo' OMD...everything that was altered by Mephisto stays the same...just have them get married, have kids and live happily ever after. There are a number of things that can be used as a loop hole if needed like the destruction and recreation of all reality during the Secret Wars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't think they need to 'undo' OMD...everything that was altered by Mephisto stays the same...just have them get married, have kids and live happily ever after. There are a number of things that can be used as a loop hole if needed like the destruction and recreation of all reality during the Secret Wars.
    They'll never allow the "happily ever after" part. These are comic books we're talking about. I don't even believe they'll allow the kids part.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    They'll never allow the "happily ever after" part. These are comic books we're talking about. I don't even believe they'll allow the kids part.
    I just mean they don't make a moronic decision to break them up after that. Comics need more Reed and Sue relationships...ones that last...even when problems come up.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I just mean they don't make a moronic decision to break them up after that. Comics need more Reed and Sue relationships...ones that last...even when problems come up.
    Very much agreed.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I don't understand why nobody has commented the recent revelations from "Amazing Spider-man #66". The whole plot of Kindred and its connection with One More Day keeps getting confusing after we discovered Carlie Cooper in a mysterious prision alongside... Harry Osborn?!!

I'm honestly not really surprised, because I find absurd that Harry could be just Harry Osborn turned bad again, but I'm really sick of this whole nonsense!!!

By the way, whatever is going to happen, I expect the marriage restored and Peter and Mary Jane having a child. Mainly because everyone in Spider-Man's circle have childs nowadays and I think it's time they let Spider-Man have his own too. I mean, Harry has Normie, Eddie Brock has Dylan, Adrian Toomas has a grandaughter... Come on! I want Peter's own child to interact with these kids!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't understand why nobody has commented the recent revelations from "Amazing Spider-man #66". The whole plot of Kindred and its connection with One More Day keeps getting confusing after we discovered Carlie Cooper in a mysterious prision alongside... Harry Osborn?!!

I'm honestly not really surprised, because I find absurd that Harry could be just Harry Osborn turned bad again, but I'm really sick of this whole nonsense!!!

By the way, whatever is going to happen, I expect the marriage restored and Peter and Mary Jane having a child. Mainly because everyone in Spider-Man's circle have childs nowadays and I think it's time they let Spider-Man have his own too. I mean, Harry has Normie, Eddie Brock has Dylan, Adrian Toomas has a grandaughter... Come on! I want Peter's own child to interact with these kids!!
    I don't think they need to restore it like altering history again so that the marriage was never undone...but they just need to get married and go forward.

Astonishing Member

I don't think they need to restore it like altering history again so that the marriage was never undone...but they just need to get married and go forward.
    I truly don't think they will get married again, especially because that would make the original wedding less special. Marvel is planning something for Mephisto, as we can see with Heroes Reborn and the Avengers from 1000000 b.C.; and that could involve Spider-Man having his marriage restored somehow.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    And even Betty Brant is heavily pregnant as of the same issue you've referenced.
    end of spoilers That said, I would also like to see Peter (and Mary Jane)'s child interacting with the kids of his supporting cast and rogues gallery.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I truly don't think they will get married again, especially because that would make the original wedding less special. Marvel is planning something for Mephisto, as we can see with Heroes Reborn and the Avengers from 1000000 b.C.; and that could involve Spider-Man having his marriage restored somehow.
    I don't want it to be "special"..I want them to elope. Peter gets his doctorate and to celebrate MJ takes him to a nice resort upstate and they just find the Justice of The Peace and get married.

Astonishing Member

I don't want it to be "special"..I want them to elope. Peter gets his doctorate and to celebrate MJ takes him to a nice resort upstate and they just find the Justice of The Peace and get married.
    It has to be special because Stan Lee was there to pronounce them Spider and wife, and you know Stan Lee is no longer with us.

Besides, like I said before, this would be just like DC with Superman's marriage. First, they were married, then the marriage was undone, and then restored and with a kid. Marvel and DC don't stop copy each other, so its obvious Marvel will follow Superman's plot and restore Spider-man's marriage.

Astonishing Member

It has to be special because Stan Lee was there to pronounce them Spider and wife, and you know Stan Lee is no longer with us.

Besides, like I said before, this would be just like DC with Superman's marriage. First, they were married, then the marriage was undone, and then restored and with a kid. Marvel and DC don't stop copy each other, so its obvious Marvel will follow Superman's plot and restore Spider-man's marriage.
    I wonder if the marriage will return or will we even see the end of OMD? Why? It seems like Marvel and this applies to BOTH Slott and Spencer want Peter to suffer. I have been over Slott many times before but he is an easy target because his run sucked so much, but despite that Slott still gave us Renew Your Vows. Lets look at Spencer and Peter. Think about it: Not only dying at the hands of Kindred, but the solicits promising the worst beating of his life at the hands of the Sinister Six (not to mention the “Damsel In Distress” approach to the last Kingpin story). To be honest I do not understand this line of thinking: Last night I watched Corey Kluber of the Yankees pitch a no hitter against Texas. As a Yankee and Peter fan what do you think was more enjoyable to me: A no hitter, or Peter getting the Hell beaten out of him and ( or) being made to suffer? I am starting to get the impression that the marriage fans and OMD haters ( I am both) will not be getting what we want, and for that reason I am leaning towards dropping the book after the Kindred story ends.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I wonder if the marriage will return or will we even see the end of OMD? Why? It seems like Marvel and this applies to BOTH Slott and Spencer want Peter to suffer. I have been over Slott many times before but he is an easy target because his run sucked so much, but despite that Slott still gave us Renew Your Vows. Lets look at Spencer and Peter. Think about it: Not only dying at the hands of Kindred, but the solicits promising the worst beating of his life at the hands of the Sinister Six (not to mention the “Damsel In Distress” approach to the last Kingpin story). To be honest I do not understand this line of thinking: Last night I watched Corey Kluber of the Yankees pitch a no hitter against Texas. As a Yankee and Peter fan what do you think was more enjoyable to me: A no hitter, or Peter getting the Hell beaten out of him and ( or) being made to suffer? I am starting to get the impression that the marriage fans and OMD haters ( I am both) will not be getting what we want, and for that reason I am leaning towards dropping the book after the Kindred story ends.
    They make Peter suffer because they don't want him to evolve, which is stupid! Most of Marvel characters have evolved over the years: The Fantastic Four are six now (with Valeria and Franklin), Carol Danvers evolved from Miss Marvel to Captain Marvel, and there are a whole new generation in play (Miles Morales, Kahmala Khan, Sam Alexander...). One of the reasons because Spider-Man had so much success is because readers identify with him, but if they keep tortuing Peter like this, then they risk to ruin it. They have to leave Peter keeping forward, and the perfect way for that would be restoring his marriage with MJ and give him a child. For a younger and unpredictable Spidey, we already have Miles Morales, and his life is already quite similar to Peter's to work for decades.

Astonishing Member

They make Peter suffer because they don't want him to evolve, which is stupid! Most of Marvel characters have evolved over the years: The Fantastic Four are six now (with Valeria and Franklin), Carol Danvers evolved from Miss Marvel to Captain Marvel, and there are a whole new generation in play (Miles Morales, Kahmala Khan, Sam Alexander...). One of the reasons because Spider-Man had so much success is because readers identify with him, but if they keep tortuing Peter like this, then they risk to ruin it. They have to leave Peter keeping forward, and the perfect way for that would be restoring his marriage with MJ and give him a child. For a younger and unpredictable Spidey, we already have Miles Morales, and his life is already quite similar to Peter's to work for decades.
    You are exactly right. I will add this as well. If Marvel is so eager to get rid of the Slott run ( bringing back Doc Ock instead of letting him remain an anti-hero being one example of this), because they know how on average the Slott run was reviled, why do they choose not to allow Peter to grow? I thought that was one of the prime complaints about Slott? Basically another stupid decision. One more point: Do we really need another “Layer of lasagna” with Betty getting pregnant? Just another example of Spencer wanting to write another Peter character. His entire run is running off the rails.