Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Astonishing Member

Something I would really like to see from undoing OMD is that Mary Jane, somehow, kept her powers from Spider-Island.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Something I would really like to see from undoing OMD is that Mary Jane, somehow, kept her powers from Spider-Island.
    As I said in the MJ Appreciation Thread...if they do power her go with something besides spider or symbiote...something lime MJ gets hurt real bad and gets a transfusion from Mockingbird (or some other super soldier).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As I said in the MJ Appreciation Thread...if they do power her go with something besides spider or symbiote...something lime MJ gets hurt real bad and gets a transfusion from Mockingbird (or some other super soldier).
    Supporting cast of a hero always get powers similar to that hero. Hulk's cast get gamma, Captain America's cast turn into "almost supersoldiers", Thor's cast get asgardian power.... Mary Jane is Spidey's cast, so she would get Spider-powers or a symbiote which is similar.

Extraordinary Member

Supporting cast of a hero always get powers similar to that hero. Hulk's cast get gamma, Captain America's cast turn into "almost supersoldiers", Thor's cast get asgardian power.... Mary Jane is Spidey's cast, so she would get Spider-powers or a symbiote which is similar.
    Which is exactly why I say go a different direction.

Astonishing Member

Nah, that could be too weird. We had something like that when we thought Jackpot was Mary Jane, and it really didn't work out in the end.

that's part of why I love that there's an alternate MJ who's a female Hydroman. Still the abilities of a Spider-Man character, just not Spiderman himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    that's part of why I love that there's an alternate MJ who's a female Hydroman. Still the abilities of a Spider-Man character, just not Spiderman himself.
    I never liked MJ having the powers of Hydro-Man. (And she was a clone, not a "real" Mary Jane).

But since you mentioned, I thought that if the 90s would have continued, maybe the clone created by Miles Warren in the "main reality" could have been Spidercide, as in the comics, this clone could turn himself into liquid like Hydro-Man himself.

Astonishing Member

Having similar powers, "adds" them to the mythos. It reinforces that they're a Spider-Character.

Getting an Iron Man suit would make her an Iron man character and that would be dumb.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Having similar powers, "adds" them to the mythos. It reinforces that they're a Spider-Character.

Getting an Iron Man suit would make her an Iron man character and that would be dumb.
    Except if we are talking about "Iron Spider".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

It is MJ...no one is ever gonna think MJ is anything other than a Spidey character. And having a different powerset makes her more her own character in the mythos.

Astonishing Member

It is MJ...no one is ever gonna think MJ is anything other than a Spidey character. And having a different powerset makes her more her own character in the mythos.
    You got it all wrong. Mary Jane is her own character, but she will be always a Spidey character because she's a remarkable character in Peter Parker's life. It's part of the essence of her character. It's the same thing when we consider Lois Lane a strong character but who belongs in Superman's world. I mean, I have seen it happen, but it will be a VERY bad idea to see Lois Lane dating Bruce Wayne.

Extraordinary Member

You got it all wrong. Mary Jane is her own character, but she will be always a Spidey character because she's a remarkable character in Peter Parker's life. It's part of the essence of her character. It's the same thing when we consider Lois Lane a strong character but who belongs in Superman's world. I mean, I have seen it happen, but it will be a VERY bad idea to see Lois Lane dating Bruce Wayne.
    Po-tay-to / Po-tah-to....Yes she is her own character...but tied to Spidey more than anyone else. My point was more to what PCN24454 said about if MJ was to get powers they should be something tied to Peter's powers because it reinforces she is a Spidey character. But if she did get powers...no matter what powers she got...no one would doubt that she is a Spidey character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Are you referring to Superman: The Animated Series from back in the 90s when Batman first guest-starred for the three-part "World's Finest" team-up?
    The spider is always on the hunt.