13 46.43%
  • Arak Son of Thunder

4 14.29%
  • Infinity Inc

11 39.29%
  • Young All Stars

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I went with Infinity Inc. just because it actually showed progression from the WWII-era stories of Earth-2, beyond annual appearances in the JLA/JSA team-ups. I read a few All-Star Squadron and most of Young All-Stars and mostly enjoyed them, but it still felt a bit like a holding pattern versus looking forward.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I picked All-Star Squadron for the history and the enormous cast that Thomas juggled. Infinity would come in close second with Wonder Woman being my third place vote.
    On a side note, I had the pleasure of meeting both Roy and Dann a couple of years ago. Both extremely delightful and wonderful people.

Retired

Not included on this poll, but it should be mentioned that for about the first thirty issues of SECRET ORIGINS, 1986 - 1988, Roy was contributing stories for the book--usually a story about a "Golden Age" character's origin, while other writers handled the newer origins. So that allowed Thomas to work out his fetish for all things "Golden Age" that he was missing when ALL-STAR SQUADRON got delegitimized. That would be my favourite title tied with INFINITY, INC.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    ...Thomas had a knack for fixing things to fit into continuity.
    He was a great writer, with a reverence for and encyclopedic knowledge of past stories. On one hand, it made him ideal for turning disparate stories into a grand Wagnerian epic. On the other, it maybe robbed some properties of their distinctiveness by forcing them to conform to stories outside their own.

Retired

Both Roy Thomas and E. Nelson Bridwell knew a lot about comic book history (and other histories). Thomas was supposed to take Bridwell's job as Mort Weisinger's assistant, but that didn't happen because Roy hated Mort so much and he went over to Marvel that same week. Had he stayed, "What If E. Nelson Bridwell Had Been Hired By Marvel Comics?" Funny to think that Thomas would have been the Superman and Big Red Cheese expert, while Bridwell would write and edit X-MEN, CONAN, AVENGERS, NOT BRAND ECCH!