Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I’ve really been loving some of these later additions to the X-line. Goes to show that all you need is a little patience and your questions will be answered (or at least addressed). I will definitely be picking this up and I’m hoping it’s not a stealth mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Legion or Moira. But it’s something big.
    Oh, I get it...

Incredible Member

Well that's the best of those interviews for a long time. He's addressing exactly what I thought needed to be addressed with this book, even pointing out that the Way isn't a new separate religion (that was never going to be possible - you tell Magneto he's no longer Jewish), but a set of core beliefs incorporating the whole of mutant society.

This is so sounding like the book I've wanted to read since all this lot started, it can be the glue that finally starts to hold this era together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’ve really been loving some of these later additions to the X-line. Goes to show that all you need is a little patience and your questions will be answered (or at least addressed). I will definitely be picking this up and I’m hoping it’s not a stealth mini-series.
    Or a better suited writer will come along (re: New Mutants). But I would be surprised if this was only intended as a mini; it's a big concept to explore in only 5/6 issues.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've just ordered Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I've just ordered Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
    She’s a fannish friend (i.e. I’ve sat in many an Eastercon bar/been for dinner with her and her husband, fellow writer Colin Greenland). Her first book, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell was extraordinary so I have high hopes for this too. It’s on my to read pile.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That reminds me...

*goes to order Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That reminds me...

*goes to order Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
    You won’t regret it!

Looks like Way of X is going to be a lot of fun. Si Spurrier is an underrated writer and I think he's perfect for channeling Nightcrawler's appeal.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or a better suited writer will come along (re: New Mutants). But I would be surprised if this was only intended as a mini; it's a big concept to explore in only 5/6 issues.
    I subconsciously think of New Mutants as a new book because the jump in quality has made it almost unrecognizable.

I wonder who he might be having sex with in issue 3. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I wonder who he might be having sex with in issue 3. Lol.
    Form an orderly queue...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Well that's the best of those interviews for a long time. He's addressing exactly what I thought needed to be addressed with this book, even pointing out that the Way isn't a new separate religion (that was never going to be possible - you tell Magneto he's no longer Jewish), but a set of core beliefs incorporating the whole of mutant society.

This is so sounding like the book I've wanted to read since all this lot started, it can be the glue that finally starts to hold this era together.
    It's really the best interview since they start making it. Usually all answers are the writers trying to emulate Hickman, just a bunch of "ow we are so smart", "we have a bunch of stuff planned just wait a couple years to have a idea about what is going on". But Spurrier just presented the questions and concepts he intends to use without giving away plot or storylines, a great interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It's really the best interview since they start making it. Usually all answers are the writers trying to emulate Hickman, just a bunch of "ow we are so smart", "we have a bunch of stuff planned just wait a couple years to have a idea about what is going on". But Spurrier just presented the questions and concepts he intends to use without giving away plot or storylines, a great interview.
    He gives good interview.
    Just enough information without ruining the surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Form an orderly queue...
    Think we can cross off Amanda Sefton based on interview.

Let’s hope it’s not Pixie. Or Loa. Or Blink.

Kittie Pryde? Haha. I won’t go there. That’s never gonna happen. But I felt I’d throw that in to ruffle some feathers.

Maybe it is Rachel? Some break up sex? Idk.

Bloody Bess maybe coming in for a booty call?

Moira? Poor Banshee.