Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The problem was they tried to craft a sprawling origin story, probably to highlight Duhamel, which was a small tangent in the comic book. If they had gotten on with the story, it would have been better.
    They seemed to have tried to mash Legacy and Circle together with added embellishment to make the motivations of the characters make some kind of sense.
    I mean, you need a story with character development or people can't engage and hang in there for multiple episodes.
    I also think the plan was to add more episodes to the first season and the writers probably had those all written, but Netflix pulled the plug early. The result is pretty unsatisfying. I think anyone who's read the comics knows where the actual season should've ended.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 06-12-2021 at 10:58 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Since I'm not familiar with the source material, the characters and story are new to me. I'm enjoying it so far, but I totally get why some viewers would have a problem with it. Most Netflix shows drag in the middle -- this seems to be no exception.
    The first big battle was surprisingly good -- it is what hooked me -- and I agree that Duhamel is what is carrying the show in general. I also despise Chloe and her unnecessary drawn out subplot. I get bored quickly with that type of character. I'm also enjoying the flashback plot line.
    I finally got around to trying this out. I as well had not read the source material so that skews my take somewhat. However, I do not share the same criticisim that so many in this short thread did about the dual storylines from past and present. Frankly I found the 1929 era scenes to be the most enjoyable. By that take, to me it didn't feel decompressed as I couldn't wait each episode to go back there. The part that seemed a bit cliché to me was the duality of Brandon and Chloe. The one child who tries to live up to his fathers ideal and the one rebellious child who flees from it.
    George turning to the dark side didn't surprise me and by the time Walt/Brainwave is ultimately revealed to be the present day turncoat bad guy it wasn't shocking either. I didn't guess it but I wasn't surprised as he and Sheldon had this simmering Father issue themselves. That in turn led to other areas of rivalry.

I knew going in that it had been cancelled but still wanted to watch it and I'm glad I did. Josh Duhamel was fantastic in it. I don't know Ben Daniels from anything (his IMDB says I saw him in SW:RO) but he was really good. I thought Leslie Bibb had as much script to chew as anything I've seen her in to date(IM, IM2). I read where the 8 episodes were $200m and that it likely didn't get the initial viewership numbers immediately that it wanted in order for Netflix to produce season 2. Damn shame. Now that everything is established a S2 had the potential to really do some things.

I have no immediate interest in SuperCrooks unless the casting choices grab me or there is crossover with actors from JL in SC.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The Old Person makeup was absolutely terrible on everybody. I'm shocked that this somehow cost 200 million dollars but has such low production value.