Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    The Revan.....lives! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Wasn't Adam also eventually defeated by the First Slayer using reality warping? That suggests that his resistance isn't absolute.
    he can't resist reality warping powers if someone is transmuting him, or warping him specifcally. but he is "aware" of every fiber of his being so you cant indirectly alter his mind like with the super star spell.

  2. #17
    My Face Is Up Here Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Wasn't Adam also eventually defeated by the First Slayer using reality warping? That suggests that his resistance isn't absolute.
    No. Adam was defeated in the second to last episode of that season by the character generally known as Uber-Buffy because she had a day job giving people car rides. No, she was a composite of Buffy, Willow and Giles possessing the powers of Buffy, the magic of Willow and the knowledge of Giles. The combination allowed her to move at such speed that she could move faster than Adam could strafe her with his sub-machinegun arm. She could transmute things and so on.

    In the last episode of the season, there was a dream sequence where Buffy met the First Slayer in her dream. The human part of Adam that he had once been also appeared in the dream.

    As someone said, his resistance is not absolute. But reality warping specifically cannot make him forget what reality was before it was altered.
    Power with Girl is better.

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    No. Adam was defeated in the second to last episode of that season by the character generally known as Uber-Buffy because she had a day job giving people car rides. No, she was a composite of Buffy, Willow and Giles possessing the powers of Buffy, the magic of Willow and the knowledge of Giles. The combination allowed her to move at such speed that she could move faster than Adam could strafe her with his sub-machinegun arm. She could transmute things and so on.

    In the last episode of the season, there was a dream sequence where Buffy met the First Slayer in her dream. The human part of Adam that he had once been also appeared in the dream.

    As someone said, his resistance is not absolute. But reality warping specifically cannot make him forget what reality was before it was altered.
    Oh right, the form I was thinking of was Uber-Buffy. I thought that what Giles and Willow did was imbue Buffy with the full power of the First Slayer/Slayer Spirit, which was what gave her the power boost and transmutation abilities.

  4. #19
    My Face Is Up Here Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Oh right, the form I was thinking of was Uber-Buffy. I thought that what Giles and Willow did was imbue Buffy with the full power of the First Slayer/Slayer Spirit, which was what gave her the power boost and transmutation abilities.
    Oh, actually, that's correct too. They invoked the spirit of the First Slayer. It may have been the combined strength and speed of Buffy and the First Slayer plus Willow and Giles and Xander but he was simply some kind of anchor.
    Power with Girl is better.

  5. #20
    Cruel and Unusual Twickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Wasn't Adam also eventually defeated by the First Slayer using reality warping? That suggests that his resistance isn't absolute.

    He was defeated by Uber Buffy ripping his core out of his chest. We wasn't specifically "reality warped to have his core ripped out".

    I mean, in Wandavision, Wanda can still blast you (with blasts that were gonna kill Thanos dead) just fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •