Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the scene with Ollie & Dinah did a good job of showing how Death Metal's "They remember everything" idea is actually going to play out. They remember bits and pieces of their past lives, but they don't have decades worth of conflicting memories all competing with each other for dominance. They'll just remember the high lights and the stuff that doesn't fit (or no one liked) will be largely forgotten.

However, Jonathan Kent is a very special case due to the circumstances of his birth. The only other DC character that comes close to him in terms of Multiversal shenanigans is Alexander Luthor Junior of Earth-3. I'm glad they aren't trying to ignore the craziness of Jon's childhood, but are using it to further the character's story.

The idea that the DCU's higher powers think Jon is a threat because of this is an interesting wrinkle to explore.
    Ah I skipped Ollie and Dinah since I wasn't as interested...
    Yeah if they actually gonna take it on, then it's better for the narrative. If I have to be saddled with grown up Jon, at least do it right and actually do something about his trauma, and of course, the hope that he'll overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm also not sure where this power level talk is coming from. I have read all 4 Kirby's New Gods books and there was nothing like that in them. Maybe it is based on work that other writers did after Kirby and before CoIE? But then we probably shouldn't say that he is back to Kirby power levels.
    He said all his past aspects become one so this new Darkseid is a combination of every past Darkseid from Pre Crisis to Rebirth. So he should be even stronger than Kirby version.

He literally took out Ganthet, Highfather, Hera, Phantom Stranger, Shazam and Spectre with one move. He's uber-powerful.
    No I meant just the Silver Age version. In the Silver Age can he take out Spectre and Highfather.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    But if that was the "Cost" it's probably too early in the Line Revamp and will be more of "Consequence # 1: The Red Herring One".
    if this is Snyder I believe it's Red Herring One

The only new wrinkle is that the Seven Soliders of Victory get to have the Golden Age Green Arrow & Speedy again. GA has brown hair, so they're likely going with him and Ollie being two different guys and they'll just never mention that the original was also named Oliver Queen or come up with an alternate name for him. Given that they had completely different origins, making the current day Ollie & Roy be inspired by the originals from the 40s works just fine. I'm surprised they didn't do this decades ago.
    Oh. I missed this. Yeah, current Ollie's blond. Okay. That checks out. So Linearverse is still only Jurgens playground at this point
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-03-2021 at 01:06 AM.