Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
The Linearverse is another earth in the Multiverse. The Main DCU seems just to be adopting, for the most part, Pre-Flashpoint.
Hmm... until they start with the flashbacks I'm gonna assume they're still using Rebirth mixed with elements of the 5G setup in Doomsday Clock Alan's back story, since Batgirls history are still unclear. I'm sure Obsidian and Jade will use their Post Crisis history, so I guess it's a little bit of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
Just my opinion, but I would say probably, individually and maybe both of them given the right circumstances. But that's because Highfather and Spectre weren't so OP back then. They've been getting more and more powerful over the years.
Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
This just plain wrong. The only time Darkseid ever does any fighting in a Kirby work at all is a very unimpressive fist fight with Orion in Hunger Dogs. He spent most of Kirby as an evil overlord sitting on his throne. And for the few minions that Superman fought wouldn't say he had any more trouble with them than any other superpowered foe of the era who was meant to be a villain of a full issue. Nor would I say any of his minions that fought Orion, Mister Miracle, or the Forever People to be insanely cosmically powerful.

I guess I can understand why some people prefer the Morrison Final Crisis take which went all in on him as the ultimate embodiment of cosmic evil (though I personally don't), but to try and claim it's accurate to how Kirby portrayed Darkseid is just wrong.

Kirby Darkseid is bronze Age actually, but I'd say no for Spectre, yes for Highfather, but assassinating Highfather would certainly count as a breaking of the armistice with New Genesis leading a second full scale war between the two planets, which actually used to be a concern for Darkseid because if he was going to do that he would want to make sure it was a war he could win. They've made Darkseid so powerful he seems far beyond caring about that.
About powers and canon, I just remember that while Spectre is considered second only to The Presence, that was when The Hand of Creation was only one and refer to The Presence, but now The Hands are a race of Super-Celestials ranking below The Presence, so The Spectre may be considered in the rank under The Hands instead of under The Presence.

I don't think they ever clear this up in the books, but that's my assumption