Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    From how I understood it all, the in story reason was that time was so fundamentally broken by the double whammy of Doctor Manhattan's tinkering and the Dark Multiverse's invasion that Doomsday Clock took place within a sort of time bubble and it's full effects weren't able to come into effect until after Death Metal saw the whole Multiverse reborn.

In actual practice, it doesn't mean much because the in-story reasons were little more than hastily created explanations meant to paper over Johns being late delivering Doomsday Clock, then getting fired, then Didio trying to shift course, then getting fired himself, and Javins and Snyder trying to pretend it was all part of the plan and convincing no one
    Yeah they mentioned that time was broken, so contradicting events happening at the same time, but I was unclear why.

Did they ever publish Generation Zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah they mentioned that time was broken, so contradicting events happening at the same time, but I was unclear why.

Yes, but in the backup of the trade of Flash Forward and really it was only used to semi-establish Wally in Death Metal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The one I wanted to get was Generation One, which would have essentially clarified the "current status" of the Golden Age heroes / stories.

But it doesn't look like we'll ever get that, even though I'm assuming much of the work on it was already completed.

I was finally able to read this over the weekend.

I have to say, it really does show where the DC Universe is headed: Each story got about 2-4 pages and the Bat-stuff got about 20.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yes, but in the backup of the trade of Flash Forward and really it was only used to semi-establish Wally in Death Metal.
    Okay so The Mouth of Sauron did prevent Wally from fixing the timeline

How

So is this right before when Wally got caught? Then they Flash Forward to Death Metal #1.

I guess he can do it since he's backed by Perpetua. I already read Death Metal but already forget since there's so much lore dump

Wait... no... the Justice League got Manhattan power from Wally, so they met first, and then because Giggles powered Perpetrator from Dark Multiverse with Continual Crisis, they lost. That's when Wally got caught... right?
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-08-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

I have to say, it really does show where the DC Universe is headed: Each story got about 2-4 pages and the Bat-stuff got about 20.
    Is that where it's heading or where its always been?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Is that where it's heading or where its always been?
    There's always been a overreliance of Bat-characters, but there used to be at least a sense of balance. Now with DC cutting the number of books they are putting out that balance has been thrown out the window.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

It seems like the new management is desperate to turn a profit from the publishing unit (probably due to AT&T's debt load) and hit upon a solution by flooding the market with batbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    Okay DC, you've got me reading for now.

The Green Lantern story is a little disturbing. I hope the writer remembers that the Guardians are Guardians of the Universe, not the galaxy. The United Planets is a Milky Way organization, which is only part of sector 2814. It should be a small blip for them. And OA is definitely not in sector 2814.
    (Mike wearily pulls out his hobby-horse, climbs a ladder, and saddles up)

I swear to Oa, this should be, like, the first question asked of any writer taking over the GL franchise: Do you know the got-damned difference between a galaxy and the universe?

And if the new guy doesn't know, maybe someone should tell him. Not me, because I'll start swearing. Maybe Neil DeGrasse Tyson - he's got a pleasant demeanor.

(Mike clumsily climbs down/falls from his hobby-horse, gives it an imaginary carrot, and leads it to its stall)

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post

You're not wrong but the Superman-family/Jon stuff was 8 pages IIRC and WW was heavily featured, both in the WW-family tease and throughout the issue. Batman did get more pages than any other character with the possible exception of WW but upcoming stuff for each member of the Trinity got significantly more screen time than any other character. We did get a heavy dose of Batman but it was all drawn by Jimenez and there can never be too much of his art.

I'd have liked to have seen a more significant/longer JL presence since the JL is at the center of the DCU. The only thing that happened in that section was to establish Black Adam's silly new name.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    You're not wrong but the Superman-family/Jon stuff was 8 pages IIRC and WW was heavily featured, both in the WW-family tease and throughout the issue. Batman did get more pages than any other character with the possible exception of WW but upcoming stuff for each member of the Trinity got significantly more screen time than any other character. We did get a heavy dose of Batman but it was all drawn by Jimenez and there can never be too much of his art.

I'd have liked to have seen a more significant/longer JL presence since the JL is at the center of the DCU. The only thing that happened in that section was to establish Black Adam's silly new name.
    Wonder Woman was the framing story, so logically she would get more pages. That's how all of these "one shot to kick off a new direction" comics work.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I swear to Oa, this should be, like, the first question asked of any writer taking over the GL franchise: Do you know the got-damned difference between a galaxy and the universe?
    Absolutely! The Green Lantern Corps should be used to dealing with galaxy-wide events. Like when the black hole jets in the middle of a galaxy start up and they have to evacuate thousands of star systems before they get irradiated. That would be the Lantern equivalent of a "calling all cars, I need backup" situation. Serious and difficult to deal with, but not unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Wait. That's not really his new name, is it? I thought it was some kind of a joke. That's the kind of thing Uncle Dudley would say. Shazadam!

The designation of Earth within the Multiverse means Universe right? Earth Alpha and Earth Omega are each a Universe, consisting of their own cosmos and planets? So the prison planet in Earth Omega is just one of many planets inside Earth Omega?

How does that work with Elseworld? Since it consists of alternate takes of the same character seems that Elseworld should be a Multiverse consisting of different alternate Universe instead of a Universe consisting of different planets

Mighty Member

Anyone else know what's gonna to happen with the Justice Society of America ? Will Atom-Smasher, Jesse Quick, Hourman , Sandman , Cyclone or Wildcats return in an upcoming books. Or it look the future isn't bright given that the JSA run isn't going to launch soon or worse they were history !!

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

The designation of Earth within the Multiverse means Universe right? Earth Alpha and Earth Omega are each a Universe, consisting of their own cosmos and planets? So the prison planet in Earth Omega is just one of many planets inside Earth Omega?
    I would assume so, yes.

How does that work with Elseworld? Since it consists of alternate takes of the same character seems that Elseworld should be a Multiverse consisting of different alternate Universe instead of a Universe consisting of different planets
    Do we definitely know what this Elseworld is, though? I think all we know for sure is that Elseworld and Omega are somehow the twin "centers" of the multiverse, and the Quintessence tried to imprison Darkseid within Omega. The name suggests a connection with the Elseworlds stories, but right now we don't have enough information to draw any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone else know what's gonna to happen with the Justice Society of America ? Will Atom-Smasher, Jesse Quick, Hourman , Sandman , Cyclone or Wildcats return in an upcoming books. Or it look the future isn't bright given that the JSA run isn't going to launch soon or worse they were history !!
    I wish I knew. Hopefully the JSA will return in its own book. They were part of Infinite Frontier #0, so hopefully this means DC has some kind of definite plans for them. Note that the story went out of its way to establish the JSA and Infinity Incorporated as part of the continuity. It could have just showed us Alan and his children, but they started with that monologue by Obsidian describing the history of the characters and showing us those photographs.