Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    At least it happened on page??? lol

So much for their vaunted power levels...or just quick cannon fodder to prove how "much stronger" he has become...sigh
    The latter.. or... both.

So... while the regular characters only remember every past version of themselves, he's combining every past version of himself to make... Final Darkseid?

I need the summary of everyone's power level
    I heard that The Spectre is supposed to be second only to The Source but now it seems like this

The Presence
    The Hands - Perpetua - The Darkest Knight - Gold Wonder Woman - Final Darkseid?
    The Quintessence - Ascended Wonder Woman - Regular Darkseid
    New Gods - Olympians - Other Gods

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Let me see:

•Flash - Wally
    • Batgirl - Steph and Cass
    •Green Lantern - not Hal Jordan
    •Oracle - exists
    •Roy Harper - alive
    •Aquaman - bearded

Plus, a bunch of new people. If Jason Todd would not be so sttuborn about being alive, this would be a status quo specifically aimed at my preference. But I can deal.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To be honest, it was incredibly lazy and disrespectful way to spoilers:
    kill Bane, if he's really dead of course. One of the biggest Gotham villains just easy killed by the Joker off-screen, lol.
    end of spoilers
    Tynion clarifies the scene https://twitter.com/jamesthefourth/s...746147328?s=21

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I thought it was ok.

I like the general atmosphere and feel of the DCU they are establishing. But the stories themselves hasn't gotten me super excited. Most of them were very meh. There were a few that I did like though.

The Flash. As a huge Wally fan it's super exciting to see him proclaimed as The Flash once more. As well as on the Barry side I think they have him playing a pretty cool part in the DCU. Interested to see where it will go.

The Batman section was written quite well. Even though I'm pretty Batmaned out. I did get a thrill from seeing Barbara as Oracle and Cass as Batgirl again. So great. It's been too long.

The Green Arrow part intrigued me. Surprising since I dont really like GA. Probably cuz of Williasmsons writing. Now I'm kinda hoping he gets to write a GA series. With Roy and even Connor hopefully.

Finally the Stargirl bit was fun. Geoff John's wrote it well and I loved Naucks fun, 90s style art.

Everything else was either just ok like JL and Wonder Girl or stuff I have zero interest in.

This whole Darkseid thing didnt really grab me but I am intrigued about the different earths. Omega and Elseworld. Hopefully the IF mini series will be good.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don't think that was the case, I think that was meant to be what the Spectre was worried about given Jon's insane life but instead Jon showed that he is the son of Superman and a good person. I would assume that someone like Spectre would worry about the perversion of power, but it is not as if he 100% knows for a fact Jon will turn evil.
    It's still hinting pretty hard that Jon will snap in some way. Maybe he won't be a villain, but it sounds like he's going to screw up in some way that his dad wouldn't.

Darkseid really IS, isn't he? He just finished up a storyline in JLOdyssey not that long ago -- how did that end for him anyway? (not that continuity matters anymore)

I expect the PS and Spectre to pop up the next time anyone wants to use them. It's not difficult to explain either of them returning considering they're cosmic beings.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's still hinting pretty hard that Jon will snap in some way. Maybe he won't be a villain, but it sounds like he's going to screw up in some way that his dad wouldn't.
    I didn’t get that vibe. The vibe I got is that people think Jon will be a failure and Jon will have to prove them wrong.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Im just laughing at the fact that Roy apparently thinks for people in their line of work that explaining to your friends "So I just came back to life for seemingly no reason!" is weird. Im pretty sure they deal with THAT at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I didn’t get that vibe. The vibe I got is that people think Jon will be a failure and Jon will have to prove them wrong.
    Yeah, that's what I got. I think it's pretty meta. Spectre represents the fans that don't like how Jon is, while wonder woman is saying "give him a chance and he might surprise you"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Im just laughing at the fact that Roy apparently thinks for people in their line of work that explaining to your friends "So I just came back to life for seemingly no reason!" is weird. Im pretty sure they deal with THAT at least once a week.
    He should have memories of Lian now too

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'm sure that's part of it, but the fact that it ends with Spectre saying something bad will happen over Diana saying good things about Jon makes me think somethings going to go wrong.

Incredible Member

Some of my thoughts

-Sign me up as another person who wishes they just de-age Jon and undo what Bendis did. I'm not interested him having been aged up, with him having spent seven years in between 10 and 17 being tortured on Earth 3. I just don't like and never will. I don't care about them trying to explore and deal with this trauma unless the point is to show that Jon should be de-aged for his mental health and he is at the end actually de-aged. And since PKJ has said he's not going to de-age Jon then his run has no value for me. There is nothing PKJ or DC can do to sell me on this version of Jon. He needs to be de-aged and that's it. I personally wish the Spectre de-aged Jon and wiped his mind of his experiences.

- I hoping they're finally making some progress to actually relaunching the JSA. In addition to Alan and his kids at the society headquarters, Courtney mentioned being a member in her story, and Jay got a mention in the flash story. And Alan has a plot in the Infinite Frontier mini coming up but I am slightly bothered with the plot being described as him looking for allies still missing. If the allies are JSA members who weren't with the team in Doomsday Clock, but I rather they not double up on the characters returning. I was annoyed with Jesse reurning in Doomsday Clock and then The Flash having her return/escape the speedforce a second time contradicting the prior appearance of her with the JSA there. I really wish they just move forward with launching a JSA title with the full team we saw in Doomsday Clock, but at least we're seeing progress.

- I glad the rumor about Hippolyta pulling a bait and switch contest turned out to wrong. On the other hand the amazons having a random brawl over being Wonder Woman seems equally out of character. Also hope they explain Nubia's new origin soon.

-Glad to see Roy back among the living. Now all they have to do is give him Lian back and things would be perfect.

-I'm thinking Bane's death will turn out to be a fake out from Tynion's tweet.

-The epilogue with Darkseid taking out the Quintessence and the Spectre so fast and easy as cannon fodder to establish his threat level kind bothers me though and makes me question how hopeful DC is actually going to be.

This felt like Rebirth getting back on track after it got mucked up 2 years ago.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    -The epilogue with Darkseid taking out the Quintessence and the Spectre so fast and easy as cannon fodder to establish his threat level kind bothers me though and makes me question how hopeful DC is actually going to be.
    Yeah that was stupid. They lasted all of 5mins. They are supposed to be this big thing...how are Earths mightest heroes supposed to defeat Darkseid?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    - I glad the rumor about Hippolyta pulling a bait and switch contest turned out to wrong. On the other hand the amazons having a random brawl over being Wonder Woman seems equally out of character. Also hope they explain Nubia's new origin soon.
    But she did pull a bait and switch. They all thought they'd compete for Wonder Woman, not Queen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    It was a great debut

Williamson already teased he has a Green Arrow thing in the works, my guess is that's where the Roy Harper story continues
    Glad to have Wally back as the main Flash.

Also: WE FINALLY GOT RID OF THE TRUCKER HAT! THE EVIL HAS BEEN DEFEATED!
    I love that hat, though. It's been around long enough to be iconic in a way.