Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

This is what I think was the core of the issue:

What I'm unsure of is whether they were talking about Dr. Manhattan or Dan Didio. I suppose it works on both levels. But yeah; that's what Infinite Frontier is all about at its heart: the guy who was making the DCU unnecessarily dark and depressing is gone, and now we can chart out a new future without his influence.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Enough with the personal shots at other posters, keep it about the books please.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

On a side note: in 2003, just before the Didio era began with Titans/YJ: Graduation Day, the outline in the Titans featured a group of metahuman kids that had just been rescued from DEO custody, who the Titans were going to start training. It would be an interesting easter egg of Titans Academy were to include the DEO kids in its new student body.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    OK. That sounds like an episode of DuckTales and the writer has no idea how fortunes work.
    I know I don't know how fortunes work. I don't know about the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

What I'm unsure of is whether they were talking about Dr. Manhattan or Dan Didio. I suppose it works on both levels. But yeah; that's what Infinite Frontier is all about at its heart: the guy who was making the DCU unnecessarily dark and depressing is gone, and now we can chart out a new future without his influence.
    The sure one is Dr. Manhattan, since Williamson said that IF is about fulfilling the promise started in Rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It is. They want to take Batman back to basics and think that the big problem is his money instead of, well, Batgod.
    Thinking about it more... won't it make Batgod concept even worse? Like, he is still going to beat everyone and be smarter than everyone else, but this time he is doing it with less money than before.

Would be cool if they just wrote this lighter stuff that they supposedly want to write so much. Did Didio's ghost forced them to kill bunch of old characters at the end of the issue? Nobody forced them to print that Wally Future State crap either. And what about Shazam? Powers not working properly, wizard dead and rock of eternity in hell. Totally not dark nor depressing, new future indeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The main story yeah but the page when The Quintessence watches The Totality heading towards Earth was by JRJR
    No, I think that was still Jim Cheung on the first page of the story, John Romita jr wasn't involved in the #1 of JL.

BANNED

All these retro-boots lacks the catch of a full-scale reboot.
    We all know DC will get to another reboot one day and later a retro-boot, it's a cycle.
    Looking forward to the new era with Williamson in the driver seat, but the Event story itself is not that intriguing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    No, I think that was still Jim Cheung on the first page of the story, John Romita jr wasn't involved in the #1 of JL.
    Oh yeah I checked it is Jim Cheung.

I guess they consider JRJR fit for the Darkseid scene then

See I’m not necessarily sure that it meant to be brighter and less dark, because that can be a bit subjective and it’s not like you can’t tell dark harrowing stories even now, look at the first issue of the new Swamp Thing where it’s essentially a horror book.

I think it’s meant as something else, I think it’s dc going “look we’ve spent the last couple years undoing New 52 by returning characters, relationships, continuity, and previously established history. But we can’t keep focusing on timelines being broken and reality being altered, we’ve brought all that back while keeping what worked so it’s time to move on and just tell stories in the world we are in now and maybe focus on a whole new era”.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    All these retro-boots lacks the catch of a full-scale reboot.
    We all know DC will get to another reboot one day and later a retro-boot, it's a cycle.
    Hopefully that cycle has been broken since AT&T fired most of the senior people in editorial along with the chief instigator of these reboots/crises.

Just got my copy in the mail today. I was abler to avoid spoilers so the ending was awesome. Im a huge fan of that character so it was good to see DC acknowledge that he hasn't been written authentically for like the past 10 years now. Awesome book, really happy with what it seems like DC is going to be doing now. Now if they can just do the same for their movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    So they retconned that Teen Lantern "hacked" into the Oan Battery because she's soooooo smart? Now someone gave her a ring on a planet with ten other ring slingers? Oh man what an incredible mystery! This should take them all over the universe to uncover!
    Not quite. When Keli first encountered John Stewart she didn't quite tell the truth (or she kinda did at first but then changed it a bit) so what he's saying here is based on what she told him.

From Young Justice #20.

Teen Lantern.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    See I’m not necessarily sure that it meant to be brighter and less dark, because that can be a bit subjective and it’s not like you can’t tell dark harrowing stories even now, look at the first issue of the new Swamp Thing where it’s essentially a horror book.

I think it’s meant as something else, I think it’s dc going “look we’ve spent the last couple years undoing New 52 by returning characters, relationships, continuity, and previously established history. But we can’t keep focusing on timelines being broken and reality being altered, we’ve brought all that back while keeping what worked so it’s time to move on and just tell stories in the world we are in now and maybe focus on a whole new era”.
    Note that neither I nor the panel that I posted said anything about the Infinite Frontier being brighter. Just less constrained. In fact, the panel outright ends in saying that the new paradigm has both wonders and terrors in it.

I think the points they were trying to get across here was that the previous era had precious little in the way of wonder, and that this new era is going to strive for more of a balance.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Hopefully that cycle has been broken since AT&T fired most of the senior people in editorial along with the chief instigator of these reboots/crises.
    Hopefully, yes. That said, I have my concerns.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Note that neither I nor the panel that I posted said anything about the Infinite Frontier being brighter. Just less constrained. In fact, the panel outright ends in saying that the new paradigm has both wonders and terrors in it.

I think the points they were trying to get across here was that the previous era had precious little in the way of wonder, and that this new era is going to strive for more of a balance.
    Didn’t mean anything by it, just my interpretation and kind of a response to other posts.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.