Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone else know what's gonna to happen with the Justice Society of America ? Will Atom-Smasher, Jesse Quick, Hourman , Sandman , Cyclone or Wildcats return in an upcoming books. Or it look the future isn't bright given that the JSA run isn't going to launch soon or worse they were history !!
    I’ve come to accept that seeing the JSA in an ongoing title again is a fantasy at this point. The best you can hope for are random character cameos and flashbacks.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    I would assume so, yes.

Do we definitely know what this Elseworld is, though? I think all we know for sure is that Elseworld and Omega are somehow the twin "centers" of the multiverse, and the Quintessence tried to imprison Darkseid within Omega. The name suggests a connection with the Elseworlds stories, but right now we don't have enough information to draw any conclusions.
    Now that you mention it Gotham by Gaslight and Kingdom Come have their own Earth within this Multiverse so it maybe a brand new publication line

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyone else know what's gonna to happen with the Justice Society of America ? Will Atom-Smasher, Jesse Quick, Hourman , Sandman , Cyclone or Wildcats return in an upcoming books. Or it look the future isn't bright given that the JSA run isn't going to launch soon or worse they were history !!
    I think I read somewhere that Alan has to find the members of the Justice Society of America first?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think I read somewhere that Alan has to find the members of the Justice Society of America first?
    Did they get lost in another alternate dimension? You think they would learn from the 90's.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’ve come to accept that seeing the JSA in an ongoing title again is a fantasy at this point. The best you can hope for are random character cameos and flashbacks.
    Elements of the previous regime at DC clearly despised the JSA and wanted them gone despite the fact that Johns made the book into a top seller for DC. Hopefully the new regime has a kinder view towards them.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-09-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Incredible Member

You see this also a majorv concern reservation I have about the pat of the Infinite Frontier description about "In this summer event, Alan Scott, the Green Lantern from the Justice Society of America, has noticed some of his allies are still missing in action, and he's determined to find them". Now we already got a pretty good roster back already in Doomsday Clock. There were a few members mia, but for the most part I was a happy with the roster we saw there. Are they bringing back a few additional members? If so OK, but if they're going to be retreading ground with members from the Doomsday Clock team suddenly needing to be found again, what is the point? In the later case why not just go into a new JSA series with the full team from Doomsday Clock? I'm also getting worried about the possibility of them just dropping characters from the Doomsday clock formation of the team for no reason.

Someone... this is just a guess... someone at DC/WB is doubting the success of a JSA series since they've been gone for too long. So they wanna test it with the most recognizable face to general public first. Stargirl. I'm guessing there will be appearances of JSA in her book, both the modern team and the classic, maybe in flashback.

In the mean time, Alan's off somewhere finding them, and probably only find them at the end of IF #6, 6 months later, enough time to determine the steady amount of buyer for Stargirl and IF series to launch a JSA book.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Someone... this is just a guess... someone at DC/WB is doubting the success of a JSA series since they've been gone for too long. So they wanna test it with the most recognizable face to general public first. Stargirl. I'm guessing there will be appearances of JSA in her book, both the modern team and the classic, maybe in flashback.

In the mean time, Alan's off somewhere finding them, and probably only find them at the end of IF #6, 6 months later, enough time to determine the steady amount of buyer for Stargirl and IF series to launch a JSA book.
    Stargirl is getting a book?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Stargirl is getting a book?
    The Stargirl and Seven Soldiers book by Geoff Johns I presume.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    The Stargirl and Seven Soldiers book by Geoff Johns I presume.
    But that's just a one-shot special, not a regular on-going series.

But that's just a one-shot special, not a regular on-going series.
    It's not? I thought it's a series. Well okay then. Just Infinite Frontier it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's not? I thought it's a series. Well okay then. Just Infinite Frontier it is.

Spend Spring Break With Stargirl and the Seven Soldiers of Victory!
    By DC Publicity Wednesday, February 10th, 2021

Stargirl Spring Break Special #1 – Geoff Johns and Todd Nauck Take DC’s Cosmic Staff-Wielding Super Hero on a Spring Break Adventure With the Seven Soldiers of Victory!

After months and months of fighting crime and handling universe-threatening enemies, even superheroes need a springtime vacation. But thanks to award-winning writer Geoff Johns and artist Todd Nauck, there’s no Cancun, Miami, or South Padre Island on Stargirl’s itinerary in this 48-page one shot, on sale May 4! . . .

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...ers-of-victory

I really hope the mystery member of the Seven Soldiers turns out to be the return of Crimson Avenger’s sidekick Wing. He was actually the first Asian superhero. DC should celebrate that. Bring him back as an adult and give him a new code name.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So Phantom Stranger and Spectre no more?
    With those two, never say "never". Plus in the past PS has been known to fake his demise.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Darkseid is back to pre-COIE Jack Kirby power levels, I thought was the gist? That certainly SHOULD be a consequence so big that it scares everybody. Thank god his costume is back to being monolithic. No more "I'm a garish fragmented edgy new shard of the Whole Darkseid". Still I for one adored Darkseid monologuing about how "Look at this new Infinite Frontier of possibility and hope ... know this ... Darkseid IS FINITE" language play. Of course if you see an infinite playground and giant sandbox with no edges to play in Darkseid comes along and is like "I cut all the ropes on the rings, sawed off the monkey bars and crapped in the sandbox. Wallow in your misery, children."

But if that was the "Cost" it's probably too early in the Line Revamp and will be more of "Consequence # 1: The Red Herring One".

I'm fond of Super-Dad but not all that fond of post-Bendis Teenager-Jon so I'm giving Superman's new writer a shot (liked the tone at least) but not ultra hyped. Following Batman semi-regularly out of curiosity but not ultra hyped. I am ultra hyped on Nightwing and Batgirls but more on that later. Skeptical but want to be optimistic about Titans Academy because I've been literally mentioning Justice University pitches here and there on the internet for ages and someone is finally making a book. Wait-and-see approach to Bendis JLA. Excited about Flash maybe though.

But what I'm really curious about is this long overdue expansion of the Wonder Woman corner of the DCU into a line. Yara looks really interesting. Nubia has always been interesting and is finally getting a real push. Hippolyta reentering the world stage and being Wonder Woman on the Justice (Insert Team) once more? Count me in as down for it, she's been a fun substitute Wonder Woman before. Diana being like "nah, you can keep God-Hood ... fetch me my Fantasy/Sword & Sorcery Costume and YES I am going to wear BRAIDS!" was lovely. If we can see Diana and the sort of 'society of Amazons and related' carve out a really interesting universe, get some good boosting for Donna and Cassie and Artemis as well, some good Steve Trevor adventures? Count me in. Equal parts classic villains, new villains and meeting gods of various pantheons? Maybe get Steve Orlando back involved? Come on, count me in and take my money.

My high-level hype is for what was probably the lowest key preview; Williamson/Maleev on the Arrowverse. I don't think Green Arrow has been underserved in the recent long run. Lemire/Sorrention/Cowan run was fantastic even saddled with New 52 restraints and I'm a serious Percy run apologist - I think his Divergence endrun started a little iffy but once they got Ferreyra and Schmitt and were able to do the holistic full on Rebirth treatment I loved that run and think it's an underrated gem.

The trouble is that between these solid runs Green Arrow always has these like extended time-waster runs where they tread water and aren't great (kind of like Nightwing's books) and then they're invariably cancelled (unlike Nightwing's which live that purgatory until line-wide revamps). Too many lackluster issues in between decent runs, so the balance of quality is outweighed in a way that's less than flattering. This looks lovely. It's such a big corner of the DCU he gets to own and since he's running Damian's story and keystoning the Al Ghul Lazarus side of things ... man it looks like Williamson/Maleev/Melnikov is going to be doing the full O'Neil & Adams side of the DCU and I expect (get those up there) to see Richard Dragon, The Question, Bronze Tiger and several others. Deadman. The Sensei. Merlyn. Ra's al Ghul. Roy. Cheshire. Hell, give me Sportsmaster, Cheshire and the Tigresses finally.
    Meh sick of the Darkseid hype. He always does the same things, has the same motivations. Boring. Even his personality is dull.
    Professional KoOk, available nine days a week.