Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Me either. If Thor can get a fourth film, then Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman should be able to get a 4th and 5th as well.
    I suppose it would also depend if Gadot wanted to do more Wonder Woman.

I think it's too early to assume anything. I don't think they'll make Wonder Woman movies in perpetuity just with a different protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    So you think it's just a race bent Clark? If so, i guess the a Diana who looks like Yara is also a possibility, especially since Marvel wants to cast Indigenous Americans as Atlanteans in Black Panther 2 and WB just follows their lead.
    DC did indigenous Atlanteans long before Marvel and they've been doing race bends since Eartha Kitt as Catwoman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC did indigenous Atlanteans long before Marvel and they've been doing race bends since Eartha Kitt as Catwoman.
    DC had one half-Polynesian Aquaman-- They did not base their Atlantis on Latin American culture, probably because they are adhering to the comics more than the Mu legend. Marvel seems to want exclusively indigenous American actors for Atlantean roles.

1960s WB/DC is not the same as today's WB/DC, but, yes, Diana can be racebent in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I'm expecting a Wonder Woman tv show oranimated cartoon, not another movie for a while. Especially since Gal is quite beloved as Wonder Woman.
    Knowing DC, if that does happen it will be in the same style as the new Aquaman cartoon.

I'm still perplexed as to why they didn't green light an animated show once the first WW movie was a hit. I wouldn't have minded a kiddy-style show akin to DC Superhero Girls either.

Incredible Member

To be honest I imagine once WB have milked all they can out of Gal Gadot's wonder woman, they'll look to reboot it all again so they could maybe have a successful franchise much like the marvel universe instead of mixed responses about their individual films. I think there is a desire to see a shared DC universe out there and hopefully at least WB are aware of that.

It's possible that they will do a Nubia movie if the Patty/Gal trilogy wraps up with the next one.

With WW, it's hard to predict, since she doesn't get the same treatment as Superman and Batman.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's possible that they will do a Nubia movie if the Patty/Gal trilogy wraps up with the next one.

With WW, it's hard to predict, since she doesn't get the same treatment as Superman and Batman.

Actually, that is why it isn't hard to prredict. We know she always plays second/third field to them in everything. Her world never gets the same amount of respect as theirs. So we can always assume she is going to get the short end of the stick.

Even if Jenkin leaves, Gal Gadot could always do another set of films.

If she decides to leave I could see them just recasting the role. But they could follow suit and do replacement characters like Marvel is doing in Phase 4.

Yara is a option but not the only one. There's Artemis, Cassie, Nubia, Grace Choi, Donna, Dei Lan, etc. Some are long shots and less viable than others.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Even if Jenkin leaves, Gal Gadot could always do another set of films.

If she decides to leave I could see them just recasting the role. But they could follow suit and do replacement characters like Marvel is doing in Phase 4.

Yara is a option but not the only one. There's Artemis, Cassie, Nubia, Grace Choi, Donna, Dei Lan, etc. Some are long shots and less viable than others.
    There's only two options and thats Yara or Nubia. Everyone elses chances have passed if it isnt Diana.

I think Gal has mentioned moving on from the role. She's done 4 films in 5 years and on to her 5th. I dont want to see her gone yet but I dont have high hopes for her wanting to do more solo movies after #3.

No to Yara Flor.

I don't care how much DC is propping and forcing her on Wonder Woman's readership.

If Diana isn't Wonder Woman in a movie, I highly doubt that non-comic book reading folks would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    [/B] Actually, that is why it isn't hard to prredict. We know she always plays second/third field to them in everything. Her world never gets the same amount of respect as theirs. So we can always assume she is going to get the short end of the stick.
    Yes. We know we aren't going to get much but when we do get something we have no idea what form it's going to take. Hope that made sense.

Delete post
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 03-05-2021 at 04:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    No to Yara Flor.

I don't care how much DC is propping and forcing her on Wonder Woman's readership.

If Diana isn't Wonder Woman in a movie, I highly doubt that non-comic book reading folks would be interested.
    I don't think they're attached to Diana more than Peter Parker, and there was a Miles film and game, so...