Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Once the Gadot Trilogy is Complete, Are We Expecting A Yara Flor film?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

While I wouldnt put it past them...id say no. Diana has had one portrayal on the big screen, it would be a disservice to her to throw her away and replace her with a different character. It'd be one thing if this were more Marvel like where its within the same universe but it wont be.

Diana should be rebooted as WW, if they want, they can always introduce Yara as a sidekick in the film.

I doubt it. Her planned TV series didn't make it. I could see them putting her in a Wonder Woman film, but not as the star.

I’m not expecting one. I confess I’m out of the loop—not having purchased any comics in the last couple of years—but I don’t get the hoopla surrounding this character (so far). What has she accomplished?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Would not surprise me at all if that happened. By then they’ll have enough material to draw on for a movie, and will probably set Yara on the same world as the Superman reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’m not expecting one. I confess I’m out of the loop—not having purchased any comics in the last couple of years—but I don’t get the hoopla surrounding this character (so far). What has she accomplished?
    I don't particularly get the hype around her either.

I'm expecting a Wonder Woman tv show or animated cartoon, not another movie for a while. Especially since Gal is quite beloved as Wonder Woman.

I rather what a Donna film than Yara film.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Probably not, since her TV show was passed on. I wouldn’t mind seeing her pop up in either Stargirl or Titans...

Im not expecting it, as the character is so new she doesn't have much history to draw on. I don't understand how a character created months ago nearly got a tv series. I don't see any reason that Gal can't do more than three movies anyways.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Im not expecting it, as the character is so new she doesn't have much history to draw on. I don't understand how a character created months ago nearly got a tv series. I don't see any reason that Gal can't do more than three movies anyways.
    Me either. If Thor can get a fourth film, then Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman should be able to get a 4th and 5th as well.

BANNED

We're getting a Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod film without much material, and some actors only ever get one solo film (Cavill). I could definitely see WB doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    She’s a Latina of Indigenous descent with a really cool visual design! That alone has helped her catch on and get a fan base before she had even made her debut! Plus she’s Brazilian and DC has a HUGE fan base over there

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    We're getting a Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod film without much material, and some actors only ever get one solo film (Cavill). I could definitely see WB doing this.
    That isnt even confirmed yet which Superman we're getting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That isnt even confirmed yet which Superman we're getting.
    So you think it's just a race bent Clark? If so, i guess the a Diana who looks like Yara is also a possibility, especially since Marvel wants to cast Indigenous Americans as Atlanteans in Black Panther 2 and WB just follows their lead.