Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
We'll likely find out that Ruthye has some sort of power herself, or they'll give her enough equipment that she'll play more heavily on the "Supergirl...but what if she was Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers" idea. She may even get some psychic powers as a homage to Frank/David like King seems to imply? But I think the main idea will be to leave her fairly limited yet powerful.

I'd say this would've been risky if she were the only one, but Kara will still be around, thus her "iconicism" stays around while a new things is allowed to happen. And I think the point of this particular passing of the torch is to go outside of the iconic. I think that's the intended contrast between Kara passing along her title and Clark passing along his. Superman is a family business/dynasty, but the Supergirl name seems to specifically be for and about those that need it save themselves from wallowing in the pitty of what they've lost.
Don’t think Ruthye will get the Supergirl title frankly. Another white passing alien becoming the new Supergirl? Unlikely in the current era.
Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
Yeah, so is DC gonna give a Clark a daughter?
They’ve teased it a couple times but it’s unlikely. Jon is the focus and a daughter at this stage doesn’t really fit in their plans. I’m sure Taylor is pitching to bring his Injustice OC daughter into canon though.
Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
I have no problem with her having some drinks for her 21st birthday, nor even getting drunk. If it were framed as a special day, a celebration, she got tipsy it could have even been funny/cute. But her being all alone seemingly drowning sorrows, and the attempt at badassery with a drunken bar fight does seem out of character for her. Its more reminiscent of the rebellious troublemaking teen we got pre-FP.

And a Superwoman "upgrade" is completely superfluous. The difference in connotation between woman and girl simply is not the same as it is with man and boy. Not saying that's a bad thing, hell the reason for the difference is hyper masculinity anyway. But its particularly meaningless here. So like with Superman the past 5 years, this would be a change more to just accommodate some other legacy, not for Kara herself. Basically the entire problem with Infinite Frontier in a nutshell.
Which is also her characterization post-FP as well. Wholesome Pre-Crisis Kara hasn’t existed since CoIE frankly.

TOTALLY disagree. You refer to an adult female as a “girl” instead of a woman and you’re going to get a reaction and it probably won’t be a positive one. This simply a signifier that Kara is an “adult” and is moving into a new stage of her life like Jon and Clark are.