Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hold the phone...

He dumped her in a ****ing orphanage?!

Hohohohoho, Tom King smelled the drama and went:

Silver Age Superman was well known for his flights of Superdickery.

Some might say it was his most potent of superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Silver Age Superman was well known for his flights of Superdickery.

Some might say it was his most potent of superpowers.
    I've read a tad bit of Silver Age Sups here and there, yet I never once thought to read the original arrival of Supergirl...

I see I have been missing out on the wide array of Superdickery that occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hold the phone...

He dumped her in a ****ing orphanage?!

Hohohohoho, Tom King smelled the drama and went:

Pre-Crisis Superman could be a major ***hole when he wanted to be
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

That's not even the worst of it. A recurring story in the early years was for Supergirl to deny herself happiness (mostly in the form of adoption, but ocassionally in other ways) to protect Superman's identity. Most prominent moment of Super-Dickery for me was in Action Comics 265 when she briefly lost her memories and revealed herself in Smallville, getting loving parents and the adoration of the population... only for Superman to realize that was going on and immediately wipe out everyone's memories and return Supergirl to the orphanage.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    That's not even the worst of it. A recurring story in the early years was for Supergirl to deny herself happiness (mostly in the form of adoption, but ocassionally in other ways) to protect Superman's identity. Most prominent moment of Super-Dickery for me was in Action Comics 265 when she briefly lost her memories and revealed herself in Smallville, getting loving parents and the adoration of the population... only for Superman to realize that was going on and immediately wipe out everyone's memories and return Supergirl to the orphanage.
    Wow, that massively sucks. Glad they don't do that these days.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Has King said if Kara’s getting a new romance interest in this run? I only ask because a lot of his books to tend to deal with romance.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 05-13-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Has King salad if Kara’s getting a new romance interest in this run? I only ask because a lot of his books to tend to deal with romance.
    I don't disagree, but this doesn't seem like the type of story where it would fit.

Although he might reference some of her past canon relationships.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I still ship Kara and Ryand'r but we're never going to see that again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Has King salad if Kara’s getting a new romance interest in this run? I only ask because a lot of his books to tend to deal with romance.
    Story seems to be more about Kara being a big sister to this girl who needs her help. Wouldn’t surprise me if King references her past lives or gives her a new one though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, people who are tired of Kara being a teenager will be happy she's 21 now (if this sticks as canon).

It's not that I don't get it or hate it per se but King opening up with Supergirl getting drunk on her 21st birthday is...something. Kind of reminds me of that first issue of Burnside Batgirl where Babs woke up from a hangover, pantsless, and stumbled into the guy she drunkenly made out with the night before.

Incredible Member

Drunk Kara alone on her birthday (except for Krypto) in a bar under a Red Sun, saying she's now 21 so it's ok and that's the truth, the justice and the American Way, and also there's a couple panels that seriously look to me like a reference to that time Hank Pym slapped Janet Van Dyne, all while Krypto looks on with the patience of a saint...

Yep, definitely a Tom King comic. Also more convinced now that DC is planning on making Kara "Superwoman".

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Yep, definitely a Tom King comic. Also more convinced now that DC is planning on making Kara "Superwoman".
    All I have to say to that is...Bleh .

Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s going to be Superwoman by the end of this. I’m all for it, none of the other Superwomen have really stuck in the role, hopefully Kara does. Also holy **** they really are aging everyone up aren’t they? Huge turn around from the last couple of years to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s going to be Superwoman by the end of this. I’m all for it, none of the other Superwomen have really stuck in the role, hopefully Kara does. Also holy **** they really are aging everyone up aren’t they? Huge turn around from the last couple of years to be sure.
    Why should she have to? Superwoman not being a successful name doesn't really justify giving it to Kara over just keeping her in her most known and popular identity (that her TV show is literally named after).

I guess it's so they can throw in a new, probably diverse, Supergirl legacy since they're really into that again lately.