Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow by Tom King and Bilquis Evely Announced

Supergirl returns to DC’s comics this summer to headline her first new series in years: Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow! Launching in DC’s Infinite Frontier era with art by Bilquis Evely and Mat Lopes, written by Tom King, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow takes Supergirl—and sidekick Krypto—into space on a journey that will have Supergirl fans cheering for more!

Kara Zor-El has seen some epic adventures over the years, but has recently found her life without meaning or purpose. Here she is, a young woman who saw her planet destroyed and was sent to Earth to protect a baby cousin who ended up not needing her. What was it all for? Wherever she goes, people only see her through the lens of Superman’s fame.

Just when Supergirl thinks she’s had enough, everything changes. An alien girl seeks her out for a vicious mission: her world has been destroyed and the bad guys responsible are still out there. She wants revenge and if Supergirl doesn’t help her, she’ll do it herself, whatever the cost.

Now, a Kryptonian, a dog and an angry heartbroken child head out into space on a journey that will shake them to their very core!

Brought to you by Eisner Award-winning writer Tom King (Batman/Catwoman, Mister Miracle and Rorschach) and Eisner nominee artist Bilquis Evely (Sandman Universe: The Dreaming) this maxiseries promises to be a character-defining masterpiece the likes of which has never been seen before for DC’s Maiden of Might.

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, a new eight-issue limited series by Bilquis Evely, Mat Lopes and Tom King, launches on June 15

*insert "shut up and take my money" gif*
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    *insert "shut up and take my money" gif*
    *insert “Me too! Me too!” gif*

Astonishing Member

Lol, King was the last man I was expecting to see on this title. Pretty interesting how it will work out.

King gives a little pause, but there's less a chance of his innate dark stylings to come through the shorter the run. So the fact this is a limited series would be a positive on that front.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

what I don't like is how she is always trying to emulate Superman at everything. Man of Tomorrow, Woman of Tomorrow. Last Son, las daughter. In her TV show, she's also a journalist. She should stand on her own.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Wasn’t expecting it, but I’ll read it.

Woah was not expecting Tom King to do this, thought he was working on Superman, but he has been liking a lot of Supergirl stuff on Twitter so it makes sense. That’s a killer team either way!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Good for Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    what I don't like is how she is always trying to emulate Superman at everything. Man of Tomorrow, Woman of Tomorrow. Last Son, las daughter. In her TV show, she's also a journalist. She should stand on her own.
    But... she is the Last Daughter lol. And her sharing Clark’s titles is old news, she’s been known as the Girl of Steel for a while, just like how Kon/Jon were the Boys of Steel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But... she is the Last Daughter lol. And her sharing Clark’s titles is old news, she’s been known as the Girl of Steel for a while, just like how Kon/Jon were the Boys of Steel.
    She’s also the Maid of Might, isn’t she?
    If she is, that one’s just hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    yeah and Earth's champion... it's very annoying. And Supergirl CW fans still dare to say she is better than Superman lol. I just wish she could stand on her own stories, villains and wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    She’s also the Maid of Might, isn’t she?
    If she is, that one’s just hers.
    That’s either hers or Mary Marvel’s, I can’t remember whose.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    yeah and Earth's champion... it's very annoying. And Supergirl CW fans still dare to say she is better than Superman lol. I just with she could stand on her own stories and wins.
    Well she won’t be Earth’s champion in this! In this she’s off on an intergalactic adventure, which I like as Kara’s “thing”. Of the Superfamily, Kara is the one I see who could leave Earth and build a new life for herself somewhere else and be happy. That’s why I enjoyed Future State Superwoman so much.

Extraordinary Member

I am not enthused about Tom King on this tbh but the bar is low, if he writes Kara better than some other female characters he's written in the past (see below) I'll take it as a win.

I look forward to the Evely art.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I am not enthused about Tom King on this tbh but the bar is low, if he writes Kara better than some other female characters he's written in the past (see below) I'll take it as a win.

Yeah, I've been leery of the way he writes women since that awful Batman/Wonder Woman team up issue he did.