Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I guess I misread that as well, I'm glad to hear Krypto is not dead. But yeah Kara better get that guy.

Hmmm! I will need to re-read this as well as I took this part to mean that Krypto was dying with no way to save him in time.

I am hoping that they don’t kill off Krypto yet again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Hmmm! I will need to re-read this as well as I took this part to mean that Krypto was dying with no way to save him in time.

I am hoping that they don’t kill off Krypto yet again.
    They definitely want to give that impression, but the comic comes short of saying he's actually dead. I'd say that read assuming he's dead, but don't be surprised if there is some later revelation that he's in suspended animation or something.

Incredible Member

Even considering that it'd have to be a stupidly slow-acting poison for Krypto to survive the entire duration of the jouney, I don't think they're dumb enough to kill Krypto like that, but they might surprise me. He is established as dead in Future State, after all.

Nah, Kara's just hunting down the murderer to find the cure for Krypto and give Ruthye some closure.

... Now that I think about it, if Krypto's dying so slowly, wouldn't it have made more sense to take him with them so that exposure to yellow sun radiation cures him?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Even considering that it'd have to be a stupidly slow-acting poison for Krypto to survive the entire duration of the jouney, I don't think they're dumb enough to kill Krypto like that, but they might surprise me. He is established as dead in Future State, after all.

Nah, Kara's just hunting down the murderer to find the cure for Krypto and give Ruthye some closure.

... Now that I think about it, if Krypto's dying so slowly, wouldn't it have made more sense to take him with them so that exposure to yellow sun radiation cures him?
    I’m assuming even the act of moving him would’ve killed the dog.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wow, incredible.

Reminds me of something out of the Dark Crystal.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Yep, Evely's doing some magnificent work in this book.

Incredible Member

Supergirl_WoT.jpg
    SUPERGIRL: WOMAN OF TOMORROW #5
    Written by TOM KING
    Art by BILQUIS EVELY
    Cover by BILQUIS EVELY
    Variant cover by AMY REEDER
    $4.99 US | 32 PGS | 5 of 8
    ON SALE 11/16/21

Supergirl steps into an ancient trap, stranding her and Ruthye on a planet of nearly perpetual night. Now, the woman of steel must call on every remaining ounce of strength to combat the monsters left on this world to kill any super unlucky enough to end up on its surface.
    Looks like an action-heavy issue.

Extraordinary Member

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #3 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Bilquis Evely

Incredible Member

"I have seen it asserted elsewhere that Supergirl was a woman of infinite patience."

I'm pretty sure this has never been a popular opinion on Kara.

Supergirl_WoT.jpg

Looks like an action-heavy issue.
    Evely did some gorgeous action scenes in WW and the Dreaming, plus her Red K “Angel Kara” was gorgeous. Can’t wait, I’m a big sucker for “Super stuck on a foreign planet without their powers” trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #3 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Bilquis Evely

The art looks great but this feels less like a Kara story and more like a True Grit story with someone who looks like Kara inserted into it. At least to me.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

"I have seen it asserted elsewhere that Supergirl was a woman of infinite patience."

Yeah, that sounds like the woman who became a Red Lantern.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Well issue 3 was pretty f***ed up but I really enjoyed it! Very “Superverse” meditation on the duality of people and places.

Astonishing Member

Do we yet know just how much time has transpired between the events of this story and Ruthy's narrating it? (True Grit is narrated by Mattie Ross 50 years after it took place.) If Ruthy is recounting an adventure that took place decades earlier, then it well may be that Supergirl has earned a reputation for patience in her intervening adult years that has not yet manifested itself in her youth. That's pretty common, actually.