Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Not that this hasn't been said before, but holy moly the art and colors on this book...
    Attachment 117356
    That's just dope..awesome.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

This Kara mini has made me like Kara much more than before.
    Kara now that she's older and wiser should be more powerful than Jon IMO.

This part was cool:

Next issue is the end, wonder if Ruthye will actually kill Krem or not?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Will this series be collected as a graphic novel at some point, or will the individual issues be all that is released? I've been getting it on Comixology so I only have electronic copies. I'd love to get a print collection of the whole series when it's done. I looked on Amazon but didn't see anything there. Normally I'm content to just have electronic copies to read, but art in this book is so gorgeous that I'd like to have a printed collection, too.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    Will this series be collected as a graphic novel at some point, or will the individual issues be all that is released? I've been getting it on Comixology so I only have electronic copies. I'd love to get a print collection of the whole series when it's done. I looked on Amazon but didn't see anything there. Normally I'm content to just have electronic copies to read, but art in this book is so gorgeous that I'd like to have a printed collection, too.

I've also been enjoying this book about Supergirl , Woman of Tomorrow.
    I actually bought like 3 months straight as I have it on my pull list and only recently read # 4, 5, 6 back to back. It's really good.
    Well to answer your question, I'm pretty sure that it will be collected as a HC first and then a Trade .
    All of Tom King's work has come out later as collected editions. So this should be no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I've also been enjoying this book about Supergirl , Woman of Tomorrow.
    I actually bought like 3 months straight as I have it on my pull list and only recently read # 4, 5, 6 back to back. It's really good.
    Well to answer your question, I'm pretty sure that it will be collected as a HC first and then a Trade .
    All of Tom King's work has come out later as collected editions. So this should be no exception.
    Thank you. I will keep checking for a collected edition. I stopped buying print monthlies a few years ago, but when something this special comes along, I always try to get a printed collection.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

A Tom King book will definitely get collected. Hopefully it gets a HC.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clea View Post
    You can already pre-order it on Amazon and other sites.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Thought this issue was excellent, didn't really have a weak point. Ruthye's convo with Comet, her narration of Kara's battle royale on the ship (which was an incredible fight scene), Ruthye's convo with Krem, and then the cliffhanger... all set amongst stunning art. Genuinely wondering how it will end.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Thought this issue was excellent, didn't really have a weak point. Ruthye's convo with Comet, her narration of Kara's battle royale on the ship (which was an incredible fight scene), Ruthye's convo with Krem, and then the cliffhanger... all set amongst stunning art. Genuinely wondering how it will end.
    I’m almost hoping Ruthye does kill Krem. I’d like to see how Kara would respond to that.

So how does this compare to King's Up in the Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I’d say I personally prefer Up in the Sky but I’m a bigger fan of Superman than Supergirl so it’s hard to really judge the quality between the two . This is still the best Supergirl book since the Red Lantern arc by far.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m almost hoping Ruthye does kill Krem. I’d like to see how Kara would respond to that.
    It sure looks that way at the moment (unless its the proverbial too obvious fake-out). After all, she did express the long standing guilt of lying to a horse, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'd say they make an interesting contrast. Up in the Sky is sort of the ultimate portrayal of Kal-El as the epitome of the idealized perfect hero, and Woman of Tomorrow is a depiction of Kara's coming into her own as an adult, a kick-ass super who is no longer Miss Goody Two-Shoes. Of course, the art on WOT is in a class to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I'd say they make an interesting contrast. Up in the Sky is sort of the ultimate portrayal of Kal-El as the epitome of the idealized perfect hero, and Woman of Tomorrow is a depiction of Kara's coming into her own as an adult, a kick-ass super who is no longer Miss Goody Two-Shoes. Of course, the art on WOT is in a class to itself.
    Or "what if Kara was a character in True Grit?"

(Even as miss goody two-shoes she kicked butt though).