Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

So far Tynion's run has been generic to me.

First the Joker event was rushed and not more special than other Joker stories. The event has featured popular characters to boost sales.

Now he is introducing the Magistrate to make Gotham a police state. The mayor and his police force are not gonna stand out as villains among Batman's rogues gallery. He is showing how powerful the Magistrate is by having them captured Batman and giving them a robot army to spy and hunt down people.

Its like Tynion doing his own take on Endgame and Court of Owls.

Scarecrow is a villain that needs an upgrade. He relies heavily on his gimmick and doesnt even own that gimmick. Common criminals are afraid of Batman more than Scarecrow. Top Batman's rogues are not afraid of Scarecrow (Joker, Bane, etc...) and are capable of creating hallunating gas and have more resources. Scarecrow only has fear gas but if you take away his fear gas and give it to other villains (mad scientist, inventor), stories dont change much.

His new characters (anti heroes, villains) havent been well received except Punchline who is meant to replace the spot of Joker's sidekick that Harley left behind. I mean their names are just dull. Ghostmaker, Peace keeper, Clownhunter, Unsanity Collective. I still reserve my final judgement for the new characters since Tynion can still add more interesting things to them.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-06-2021 at 03:45 AM.