Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, next reboot, he'll be fine

I really don't understand why the Squad needed a damn guide, when the government would have full access already
    Do they though? Because the last run ended with the Revolutionaries kind of cutting them off at the knee, not to mention any damage that Black Mask caused when he removed Waller and fallout from Leviathan. The Government may have signed off on plans but I have feeling things have changed, especially if Conner has been kidnapped.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Do they though? Because the last run ended with the Revolutionaries kind of cutting them off at the knee, not to mention any damage that Black Mask caused when he removed Waller and fallout from Leviathan. The Government may have signed off on plans but I have feeling things have changed, especially if Conner has been kidnapped.
    If they got Bolt, Film Freak and Shrike, that seems to indicate to me that they still have government backing. The gov likely doesn't know the details, but there's no way Waller could pull any of this off without backing.

I'll give this book 3 issues
    At least when Taylor killed off a bunch of characters he did some work and made you care that they died
    suicide squad does not need to turn into avengers arena for everyone below C list
    Waller is also back to being a lunatic kidnapping people and forcing them to work for her all that character development down the drain again

I enjoyed it but I’m not really sure what the long term plan is given that we’ve already seen the endgame with FS. Guessing Thompson plans to go in a completely different direction.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I always give Suicide Squad a chance. Some, I drop after the first issue.

I'm reading the next issue of this one. We'll see where this goes.

Astonishing Member

The mission was to get one guy at the expense of three other guys?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The mission was to get one guy at the expense of three other guys?
    From a brutal pragmatic view, this makes some sense. Bolt was a schlub without full control of his powers (and likely isn't dead- his daughter played a role in the Future State SS, after all), Film Freak was cannonfodder and Shrike probably isn't gone either. A Talon is a big get. They can't die by normal means, are conditioned to follow orders and are far more skilled in combat than either of the three members mentioned.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If they got Bolt, Film Freak and Shrike, that seems to indicate to me that they still have government backing. The gov likely doesn't know the details, but there's no way Waller could pull any of this off without backing.
    because if they're arrested they'd be either in Blackgate or Belle Reve, which are government prison, compared to Arkham, which is a private hospital?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    because if they're arrested they'd be either in Blackgate or Belle Reve, which are government prison, compared to Arkham, which is a private hospital?
    It might be privately run, but it would still be under state and federal authority. They don't get to lock up people for funnies

Does anyone remember an in house ad promoting the newest volume of the Squad that showed a team that included Talon and Parasite? At least 4 years ago, in the thick of The New 52. That team never materialized, can't remember why.

Glad to see Talon on the Squad, great fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Does anyone remember an in house ad promoting the newest volume of the Squad that showed a team that included Talon and Parasite? At least 4 years ago, in the thick of The New 52. That team never materialized, can't remember why.

Glad to see Talon on the Squad, great fit.
    This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This one?

I remember this. With this roster it seemed like they were having a Rogue from every main hero as part of the roster (although Ivy and Talon make two for Batman).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember this. With this roster it seemed like they were having a Rogue from every main hero as part of the roster (although Ivy and Talon make two for Batman).
    That’s a really overpowered Squad, imo. Part of the fun of that team is them fighting uphill, and actually being in danger of getting killed.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That’s a really overpowered Squad, imo. Part of the fun of that team is them fighting uphill, and actually being in danger of getting killed.
    Maybe that's why they're divided into 3 teams now
    Parasite first
    Then Reverse and Cheetah... which is already overpowered on their own
    Now Talon

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Maybe that's why they're divided into 3 teams now
    Parasite first
    Then Reverse and Cheetah... which is already overpowered on their own
    Now Talon
    That’s a great point!