Spectacular Member

Default Marvel Crisis Protocol

Have any of you played it? Is it worth the money/shelf space given the various expansions? How similar or different is it to Heroclix?

I've played it but I prefer Heroclix. The big advantage of Marvel Crisis Protocol is that the figures are all unpainted and unassembled, so there is a hobby component there similar to Warhammer. I personally have no interest in painting figures so I stick to Heroclix.
    Last edited by hyped78; 03-05-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

It is more of hard-core hobby miniatures game compared to Clix. About 5-7 people in our Warmachine/Hordes community vouch for it as a good game and one of their favorites for some. You put together teams regardless of hero/villain so its much more driven by gameplay than theme (though temporary team ups and switches happen so you can still have that be thematic). Because its a full on minis game people will typically assemble their particular lists and it is not necessary to buy everything; think of them less like expansions and more like additional army building options. I myself might play some day, but I'm waiting for there to be a 10 person team I can be excited for; so far they've got Magneto, Carnage, and Moon Knight.