Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Slasher Villains vs Pulp Heroes

Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Chucky, Leatherface, and Freddy Krueger (No dream powers)

vs.

Doc Savage, The Shadow, Conan the Barbarian, The Phantom, and Zorro

Neat idea. I like horror movies, but have skipped many of the franchise sequels and anything related to Chucky, so I may be shaky on their feats. Jason seems like the major threat, as unkillable as Michael Myers, only with superhuman strength. Chucky is also nigh indestructible, but apparently has a budget version of Dr. Doom's ovoid mind swap. Leatherface and Freddy [edit] without dream powers are basically a couple of mooks with nasty weapons. Speaking of weapons, none of these slashers have ranged weapons, so the default 100' starting range in Khazan is a problem for them.

Doc Savage has a firm code against killing, but that means he has some interesting non-lethal options that might be good for at least a 10-count here in Khazan, including a machine pistol that fires fast-acting mercy bullets. He also is a master of pressure point strikes, and could potentially incapacitate an opponent with paralyzing strikes or even just by breaking bones. He is also probably the largest and strongest guy in this fight, and wears a vest full of stuff that rivals Batman's utility belt. Conan is obviously dangerous and has killed some big monsters that readily dwarf any of these slashers. I don't believe that either the Phantom or Zorro have any powers, but they are clearly capable combatants. The Shadow can "cloud minds" and sort of turn invisible (probably an extension of the mind clouding), but I suspect those abilities are not practical in this rumble.

I would bet everything on the pulp heroes winning this one.
    Last edited by Shellhead; 03-03-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Neat idea. I like horror movies, but have skipped many of the franchise sequels and anything related to Chucky, so I may be shaky on their feats. Jason seems like the major threat, as unkillable as Michael Myers, only with superhuman strength. Chucky is also nigh indestructible, but apparently has a budget version of Dr. Doom's ovoid mind swap. Leatherface and Freddy with dream powers are basically a couple of mooks with nasty weapons. Speaking of weapons, none of these slashers have ranged weapons, so the default 100' starting range in Khazan is a problem for them.

Doc Savage has a firm code against killing, but that means he has some interesting non-lethal options that might be good for at least a 10-count here in Khazan, including a machine pistol that fires fast-acting mercy bullets. He also is a master of pressure point strikes, and could potentially incapacitate an opponent with paralyzing strikes or even just by breaking bones. He is also probably the largest and strongest guy in this fight, and wears a vest full of stuff that rivals Batman's utility belt. Conan is obviously dangerous and has killed some big monsters that readily dwarf any of these slashers. I don't believe that either the Phantom or Zorro have any powers, but they are clearly capable combatants. The Shadow can "cloud minds" and sort of turn invisible (probably an extension of the mind clouding), but I suspect those abilities are not practical in this rumble.

I would bet everything on the pulp heroes winning this one.
    I don't know about lack of ranged weapons, as Jason has weaponized just about everything he can get his hands on. Even a bow and arrow. With deadly accuracy.

The bow and arrow is probably not standard equipment for Jason, but the Shadow likes to double-wield pistols in combat. Doc Savage has his machine pistol, and the Phantom carries a pistol which he only uses to shoot guns out of the hands of badguys. Even if Jason did show up for this rumble with a bow, he would find himself staring down four gun barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The bow and arrow is probably not standard equipment for Jason, but the Shadow likes to double-wield pistols in combat. Doc Savage has his machine pistol, and the Phantom carries a pistol which he only uses to shoot guns out of the hands of badguys. Even if Jason did show up for this rumble with a bow, he would find himself staring down four gun barrels.
    If we are taking McCulley canon for Zorro, he has a gun as well, as demonstrated in the first few chapters of the Curse of Capistrano. He is likely the least capable among the pulp heroes here, though.

Also, I want to see the Phantom take on Jason in a fistfight (the guy did knock out the heavyweight world champion in a sparring match back in high school, if I remember that one novel where we get more details on his childhood and teenage years)

I read up on Chucky a bit (still avoiding his movies because I suspect they would annoy me), and it seems like it would be easy to 10-count him. If he managed to sit out the initial carnage due to his small size and non-threatening appearance, Chucky might have time to work some voodoo magic.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Didn't Jason need a rocket launcher to the face to kill him "for good"? (And then the next movie was Jason Goes to Hell, so he was finally REALLY Dead).
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Didn't Jason need a rocket launcher to the face to kill him "for good"? (And then the next movie was Jason Goes to Hell, so he was finally REALLY Dead).
    I think the rocket launcher was Jason goes to Hell actually

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Since the OP didn't specify otherwise, a 10-count should be sufficient. Though I suppose with a team fight, it would need to be a 10-count after everybody on one side is down.

BANNED

In the comics Jason could heal from losing limbs in seconds but those comics were years n years ago

I imagine everyone on the Slasher side going down in a hail of gunfire and laughter(Courtesy of the Shadow), except Jason.

Jason takes longer, and might need to be chopped to pieces, but they get it done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I imagine everyone on the Slasher side going down in a hail of gunfire and laughter(Courtesy of the Shadow), except Jason.

Jason takes longer, and might need to be chopped to pieces, but they get it done.
    I don't think Gunfire is putting down Michael. Or Freddy, for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For 10 seconds? I don't see why not.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Michael Myers has been shown to be harmed by bigger caliber gun fire and explosion in Halloween 4 and 5.

Jason likely would be fine, Freddy may be able to dodge it?

Jason is as likely to ambush the heroes as he is to walk straight to them out in the open. So, as tough as he is, he's also pretty crafty and sneaky, especially for how big he is.