Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason is as likely to ambush the heroes as he is to walk straight to them out in the open. So, as tough as he is, he's also pretty crafty and sneaky, especially for how big he is.
    He is but they're in the arena.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Didn't Jason need a rocket launcher to the face to kill him "for good"? (And then the next movie was Jason Goes to Hell, so he was finally REALLY Dead).
    No in the movie before Jason Goes to Hell, it took Manhattan's sewers flooding with deadly acid to stop him... which somehow also reverted him to his drowning boy form when the flooding brought that memory back to him (it was a loopy sequence).

After that, the assumption everybody made when Jason reappears next movie was "he got better and walked back to Crystal Lake".

Now maybe you were thinking of what happens at the beginning of Jason Goes to Hell, where Jason is ambushed by some special forces team that promptly rains gunfire on the guy from all sides. Which really I remember only seemed to keep the guy in place until somebody threw some explosive to finally blow him to pieces. I remember someone once said in this board zombie Jason took bullets as if his skin was somewhat concrete. You could add blunt damage to that as well, with the things Freddy was throwing at him. But bladed/puncturing stuff can work better (at one time a motorboat rotor knocked him out).

Astonishing Member

Looking back at the Jason Goes to Hell scene, yeah I assume it must have been some kind of mortar shell at least, with the guy yelling "Incoming!", everybody then taking cover, and Jason being engulfed by a fireball when blasted into pieces. Previously, being shot at with handguns, shotguns, assault rifles and machine guns didn't even bring him to his knees or make him drop his weapon, as far as what could have possibly ten second KO him there.

Ambush begins at 01:48.

All-New Member

Heroes Dominate.

I can see Conan wanting to take them on by himself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The bow and arrow is probably not standard equipment for Jason
    You're correct BUT even if we put aside aside that human Jasons have always been able to accurately arrow shoot people dead in movies (not just from the reboot human Jason posted before but as I recall from the movie where Jason first ever donned a hockey mask), zombie Jason being set on fire didn't prevent him from accurately throwing his machete to impale a guy running away from him.

Leatherface should actually be a boon to the slashers side at fight begin, his weapon is so noisy he'd probably draw all first attacks or attentions to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    No in the movie before Jason Goes to Hell, it took Manhattan's sewers flooding with deadly acid to stop him... which somehow also reverted him to his drowning boy form when the flooding brought that memory back to him (it was a loopy sequence).

After that, the assumption everybody made when Jason reappears next movie was "he got better and walked back to Crystal Lake".

Now maybe you were thinking of what happens at the beginning of Jason Goes to Hell, where Jason is ambushed by some special forces team that promptly rains gunfire on the guy from all sides. Which really I remember only seemed to keep the guy in place until somebody threw some explosive to finally blow him to pieces. I remember someone once said in this board zombie Jason took bullets as if his skin was somewhat concrete. You could add blunt damage to that as well, with the things Freddy was throwing at him. But bladed/puncturing stuff can work better (at one time a motorboat rotor knocked him out).
    I think Freddy kept steady damage on him avoiding Jason’s strength. He also used his environment to deal some heavy blows, he’s prob one of the few guys who could have killed Jason or put him down for a while. Not sure since in Jason X he seemed to still be alive without a head.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I think Freddy kept steady damage on him avoiding Jason’s strength. He also used his environment to deal some heavy blows, he’s prob one of the few guys who could have killed Jason or put him down for a while. Not sure since in Jason X he seemed to still be alive without a head.
    Well even in the Freddy vs Jason comic sequel where he had been decapitated and his body seemed to have been swallowed by the Necronomicon vortex, and only his mask was left behind, he was still able to hear his mother telling he'd never die.

But Freddy also received help from the movie mains. Freddy didn't just hack and slash at Jason every chance, he used every environmental advantage available, hitting Jason with a shooting propane tank hard enough to send him flying backwards (Jason was able to dodge at least one), impaling him with construction rods, stabbing him through the eyes and stabbing his heart with Jason's own machete to the hilt (which Freddy had taken after slashing Jason's fingers off in mid-swing, he really brought his melee A-game for that movie). And even then, Freddy only got a break because the heroes caused an explosion big enough to send Freddy and Jason flying to Crystal Lake in flames. And Jason still had enough fight in him to impale Freddy with Freddy's own ripped off arm before finally clocking out for the day.

Astonishing Member

Did someone say Conan?

Game over for the Slasher villains...

Upthread, I expressed some concern about the heroes being able to resist Chucky's voodoo magic or mind transfer. Upon reflection, Doc Savage has extreme mental discipline, and Conan has numerous feats for resisting magical, demonic, or even divine attempts to control his mind.

As for the chainsaw, it's a lousy melee weapon. Unbalanced, heavy, unwieldy, and that chain is coming loose the first time Conan parries with his sword. However, this does raise an issue that potentially has broad applicability at Rumbles: does Leatherface get to start his chainsaw before or after the bell? I'm sure that it would start the first time in the hands of such an experienced user, but it isn't exactly a speedy process compared to four dudes on the other team pulling out handguns and shooting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Well even in the Freddy vs Jason comic sequel where he had been decapitated and his body seemed to have been swallowed by the Necronomicon vortex, and only his mask was left behind, he was still able to hear his mother telling he'd never die.

But Freddy also received help from the movie mains. Freddy didn't just hack and slash at Jason every chance, he used every environmental advantage available, hitting Jason with a shooting propane tank hard enough to send him flying backwards (Jason was able to dodge at least one), impaling him with construction rods, stabbing him through the eyes and stabbing his heart with Jason's own machete to the hilt (which Freddy had taken after slashing Jason's fingers off in mid-swing, he really brought his melee A-game for that movie). And even then, Freddy only got a break because the heroes caused an explosion big enough to send Freddy and Jason flying to Crystal Lake in flames. And Jason still had enough fight in him to impale Freddy with Freddy's own ripped off arm before finally clocking out for the day.
    That’s true, I’d need to rewatch the movie, I think that Jason was exhausted after the fight and remember he did cheap shot Freddy from behind