Default Netflix Daredevil chars vs 2003 Daredevil chars

What it says on the tin.

Daredevil, Electra, kingpin and bullseye face off against their counterparts from opposing adaptations

Bonus: The daredevils switch places. How do they manage with each other’s arcs?

Bonus bonus: same as above but with bullseyes
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Coxdevil takes a beating here. Darefleck is a bullet-timer, IIRC

I suspect the same is true for Bullseye and Kingpin due to the movie generally being a bit more superhuman, although I can’t recall specific Farrell feats.

The exception is probably Elektra. As Black Sky, Netchios (see what I did there?) was putting the hurt on Cage. I don’t think Elektrifer can top that.

The movie versions, aside from Elektra (more on both versions later) operate on a higher level than the Netflix characters, especially Darefleck who has at least one bullet-timing feat (when he moves Bullseye's hands to get hit by a sniper shot), and is ridiculously more agile than Darecox. The three things I'd give to Cox here are better durability (when in the red suit), stealth and better use of his senses, the latter two won't help in the arena. Movie Bullseye keeping up with Darefleck makes me tend to think he's Dex's physical superior, but the Daredevil suit may give him an edge here.

Elektra: If we take Netflix Elektra as she was originally, I'd give the edge to movie Elektra, mostly due the fact that she did defeat Darefleck (I know, there are a fair amount of asterisks here, but the fact that it was a match at all has to count for something). Black Sky Ellie, on the other hand, is a whole other beast, due to the fact that she took on Matt, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, and managed to KO the three of them at one point. IIRC, she also has at least one bullet-timing feat to her name. As a lesser feat, she also defeated the Immortal Iron Fist, protector of K'un Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand, and thundering dumbass, twice. She may have an edge over movie Elektra at that point.

As for the character arcs:
    Netflix Matt: Assuming they start at the beginning of their respective movies. Netflix Matt, at first, is horrified to learn that his movie counterpart is a ruthless killer. Otherwise, if they start earlier, Daredevil benefits from a somewhat better reputation. Netflix Matt being demonstrated to be a better lawyer than Darefleck (when not getting sleep deprived enough to miss court appointments...), Jose Quesada likely ends in prison rather than bisected by the C train. Assuming he starts the movie at his peak and with his armor, I think the turning point is when Bullseye tries to kill Elektra's dad. I could see Matt catching his billy club, since he seemed to be more in control of his senses than Darefleck, or Elektra not buying that DD killed her father, due to Matt's better reputation as not being a killer here. Elektra not fighting Matt means he start fresh against Bullseye, which may help him win the fight, in combination with his armor. I don't know how the fight against Kingpin would end though. I am not sure I can buy Netflix Matt flipping Duncan Fisk, but maybe he could figure out his knees are weak .

As for Darefleck: As far as fighting is concerned, he should sleepwalk through everything the Netflix series have to offer. However, for the lawyering part, I don't see Matt being able to get Healy to walk free, but I guess Fisk can take care of that, still leading to Matt learning about the big guy. Season 1 likely ends at episode 9, after the Nobu fight, with Daredevil defeating Kingpin and his henchmen. However, at this point, Fisk has a damn good reputation, so, assuming he lives (which, given that this Matt had no issues leaving a guy to die, is not guaranteed), he only ends in the hospital, and DD's reputation gets worse, unless he manages to get some proof against Fisk along the way.

Season 2: Matt defeats the Punisher in S2E1. Assuming Nelson and Murdock still decide to take on Frank's case (which is not certain, since in this new verse, Foggy doesn't know about Matt's secret life), at least Matt does not miss the opening statement. Fisk (I'll assume he is still alive here) still does his thing behind the scenes, so no big change there. Matt being more available to work during the case means that N&M doesn't get dissolved by the end of the season. At this point, Karen and Foggy do suspect something is wrong with Matt (they are smarter than their movie counterparts), I could see Karen, still under Ben's mentorship, investigate, and eventually uncover the truth by herself. I likely see her telling Foggy or harassing Matt to tell Foggy.

Defenders: Assuming Elektra still becomes the Black Sky (a lot of assumptions, there), I can see Matt turning the tide during the four against one fights. Maybe he will be able to not get his ass trapped under Midland Circle.
    Season 3: Assuming Matt still gets trapped under Midland Circle, and survive. Here, I don't know, maybe this Matt would call Foggy or Karen to get him :/. Anyway, he doesn't spend the season in the black suit, since movie DD had several spares.

Bullseyes: Movie Bullseye doesn't pass the first psych eval. At all. Movie Kingpin didn't seem to be the master manipulator Netflix Fisk is, so I am not sure I buy him getting Dex to do his bidding. Much less inspiration here

I think I got a bit enthusiastic here

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    As a lesser feat, she also defeated the Immortal Iron Fist, protector of K'un Lun, sworn enemy of the Hand, and thundering dumbass, twice.
    This did make me chuckle.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This did make me chuckle.
    Me as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

French always has a way with words. I like the knee comment as well.

I can actually buy Netflix Bullseye and Kingpin winning against their movie counterparts. Movie Kingpin was kind of sad, and had the knee problems, whereas Netflix version at least had armored clothing and demonstrated some pretty impressive soak. Netflix Bullseye...we don't have actual speedfeats for movie Bullseye beyond 'hits Daredevil'. We're getting into potential PIS territory, there, and Netflix Bullseye's throwing actually seemed a touch better than Movie Bullseye.

Elektra, I'd tend to agree with Movie Elektra taking the win over Netflix. When we get into Black Sky Elektra versus Her-Own-Movie Elektra, things get tricky. Black Sky Elektra was a beast, but HOM Elektra...we need Siriel, for some reason he forced himself to watch that movie and has catalogued all of the ridiculous magical BS she pulls off in it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.