Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'd have preferred Regan, but if she is just going to be held hostage then I don't Martinique getting some panel time I suppose there is a chance Regan could turn up to try and rescue her family.

Astonishing Member

So why did the fake (?) Betsy in the Psylocke ninja outfit have these Mojo style metal things in the face? Is Arcade secretly getting funds from Mojo for this whole thing? Or is it related to how Betsy was once used as living camera by Mojo after she lost her own eyes? Or is it something Revanche experienced while she was in Betsy's body and i didn't knew said story?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Given that he was put on Hellions because he assaulted a group of Morlocks who were attacking him for his actions in the Mutant Massacre...I'd say he still feels very responsible and why he seems to want to change.
    Thinking about the subject of Greycrow and his sense of guilt over the mutant massacre, it could have been an interesting dynamic if Marrow was on the team (though Sinisters leadership would have likely made her prefer the pit if the choice was given).
    Especialy given his past relation to Gambit, including knowing of his involvement in the mutant massacre and their opposing actions during it.

Though the team works (disfunctional as it is) fine as it and it's better if a writer picks the characters they want to write, rather than being or feeling forced to pick any they don't. Though strangely she was his pick for the X-men election. So i wonder if he had considered her at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hope Sinister throws Arcade into a trash compressor. F*** him.
    And then i turns out it was only a robot, or the trash compactor was one of Arcades own death traps he designed so he could escape it, etc. The guy has an annoying joker immunity it seems. Despite few people ever expressing liking the character as far as i can see.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-03-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Great issue. Love Martinique, so I'm glad they're using her. I hope they reference Arcade's past with her. Last she saw him, she left him in an elevator with illusion projections of Ms. Locke (who he killed).

Also, seeing Tommy among the "zombies" attacking Greycrow was a delight. I was a little bit obsessed with her from XTAS as a kid.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Regarding Ms. Locke; the real Miss Locke was killed by Arcade a few years back. She always tried killing Arcade on his and her Birthday. It was her gimmick. The last time she almost succeeded and he killed her. Then Arcade missed her and made a robot of her, including her personality.

He also had a male helper, with a mustache, forgot his name, perhaps he's the one confirming.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Zeb's the writer so if he wrote Martinque, than thats who it was intended to be. The colorist messed up. We see her through a camera so I could see him going for a coloring effect but it just looks too light for how dark her hair traditionally has been
    It's not a coloring mistake. Like you said it's an effect -- we're looking at a captured Martinique through a camera lens/monitor screening so it's not suppose to represent the same coloring as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Great issue. Love Martinique, so I'm glad they're using her. I hope they reference Arcade's past with her. Last she saw him, she left him in an elevator with illusion projections of Ms. Locke (who he killed).

Also, seeing Tommy among the "zombies" attacking Greycrow was a delight. I was a little bit obsessed with her from XTAS as a kid.

But Zed did in this issue when Arcade said she as a former employee of his

Just thinking to myself: Bachalo's designs seem to linger longer than most designs in some way. Currently we have his designs being used, even if they are somehow tweaked, with Cylops, Magik, Lady Mastermind + Martinique, Tempus, Goldballs and Children of the Vault. There's probably more.
    Last edited by Alex.; 03-03-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So why did the fake (?) Betsy in the Psylocke ninja outfit have these Mojo style metal things in the face? Is Arcade secretly getting funds from Mojo for this whole thing? Or is it related to how Betsy was once used as living camera by Mojo after she lost her own eyes? Or is it something Revanche experienced while she was in Betsy's body and i didn't knew said story?
    All the characters are trapped in scenarios involving their past/demons/desires so Arcade is clearly aware of all of their backgrounds. The mechanical Mojo eyes were definitely a thing for Kwannon right before her death in Betsy's body, so it makes sense for them to be a thing in her nightmare scenario even if Mojo isn't a part of it.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post

Just thinking to myself: Bachalo's designs seem to linger longer than most designs in some way. Currently we have his designs being used, even if they are somehow tweaked, with Cylops, Magik, Lady Mastermind + Martinique, Tempus, Goldballs and Children of the Vault. There's probably more.
    You're right, Bachalo's legacy lives on in a number of characters! I think at this stage he's probably the number 1 artist in terms of issues done across the various X-books? If not, he's definitely top 3 material so it makes sense for him to have left his mark on the books.

This was a good read! Great to see Martinique again. It is messed up the way Arcade is using her to keep Mastermind under his control, though it makes sense too, Arcade being a psychotic, sadistic murderer and all that.

This is an astute observation. Bachalo does good work so it isn't surprising I guess. I really like seeing other artists use his design concepts. It is great to see them done by a different artist, displayed without Bachalo's stylized approach.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Magneto too

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto too
    Omega Sentinel just popped in my mind too.

I don’t suppose it occurred to Mastermind that he could just let Martinique die and she’d be brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I don’t suppose it occurred to Mastermind that he could just let Martinique die and she’d be brought back.
    That could be interesting. She could come back all pissed off; "you let me DIE!?"
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Assuming Arcade is just gonna kill her. There's torture and trauma he can cause before he does that. Also until she is actually dead and X-Factor can confirm that, she wont be brought back. She could be kept alive and tortured indefinitely and thats a fate worse than death

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    That could be interesting. She could come back all pissed off; "you let me DIE!?"
    Ha, yeah, but it’s not like she’ll be giving him a World’s Best Dad mug for his birthday anyway, is it?