Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Ha, yeah, but it’s not like she’ll be giving him a World’s Best Dad mug for his birthday anyway, is it?
    Lol, yeah, good point!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Assuming Arcade is just gonna kill her. There's torture and trauma he can cause before he does that. Also until she is actually dead and X-Factor can confirm that, she wont be brought back. She could be kept alive and tortured indefinitely and thats a fate worse than death
    Another good point. Though if this the direction the story went in we could have a little Hellions/X-Factor crossover and I'd be kinda interested to see how that would go.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In case anyone's curious, the cover is an homage to Uncanny X-Men 146. Stephen Segovia signs it "After Rubinstein" but he really should have signed it "After Cockrum and Rubinstein".

Great issue. I love the development Kwannon and Greycrow are getting and of course Nanny is amazing.
    This book freaks me out in a good way because since many of them are "villains", I know they're going to get tortured.

Goblin Prince needs to stay.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    In case anyone's curious, the cover is an homage to Uncanny X-Men 146. Stephen Segovia signs it "After Rubinstein" but he really should have signed it "After Cockrum and Rubinstein".

Thanks. Its not iconic enough so I didnt realize that

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I agree with AIPT's review actually, I think engagement would benefit from knowing A BIT more about Kwannon's daughter, because at this stage we really have next to zero information, and totally zero if you haven't read Fallen Angels.

Fantastic Member

This and SWORD are my favorite books coming out right now. I'm really loving the development that Kwannon and Greycrow are getting. Interesting that Mastermind is being coerced into his role in this, I kinda assumed he'd just gone bad for money or some other kind of personal gain. Hope we get a bit of a Mastermind and daughter reunion at the end of this. It would have been nice to see the Hellions sitting at the table with all the people that Empath has hurt, or even some of the New Mutants....it seems like they and Emma should play a role in his nightmare. I'm also just gonna pretend that his dream sequence was in Spanish, because I can't really think of a reason why the Spanish guy who grew up in Spain would be speaking English with his mother.

Great issue for the comedic and dark balance. But it was a setup issue and those tend to read so quickly. I thought the art looked a little rushed. The facial renderings were a little sloppy (take a look at Psylocke on the cover). Madelyne didn't quite look like herself in almost all of her panels.

It's always nice to see some villains show up. With all the baddies co-habitating on Krakoa, it needs to be addressed since some of them are lifetime criminals that can't exactly just become "good" simply because they're living in a so-called paradise.
    Last edited by superjosh; 03-03-2021 at 05:54 PM.

Zeb remembers freaking Romulus but can't remember that Regan is the blonde daughter?

SHAME!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Another enjoyable and hilarious issue!
    >Poor Martinique. If she bites it, at least Jason has two spares. But why is he concerned about her dying? She dies, she gets resurrected on Krakoa.... eventually.
    >Is Ms. Locke an illusion? Did Arcade off the real her in a fit of rage?
    >Kwannon being happy with a daughter was so bittersweet with their happiness then the realization that something was wrong, then Mojolocke shows up to ruin her life like a Betsy always does.
    >Maddie in her green flight suit!
    >The Goblin Prince collared and on his knees as he should be! Also... Side Boob!
    >Wild Child really wanting to be alpha.
    >There was something so wrong about Peter 'needing two nannies'.
    >I hope Empath gets really mind screwed by this. He deserves it.
    >Kwannon calling out for John: needing her second in command or the one she has the closest emotional bond with or both?
    >"Tach a luch! TACH A LUCH!!!" is the new "YESSH, QWEEN!"
    >Sinister can shapeshift so teeth pulling or any physical torture should be out. Mastermind must be keeping him from doing almost anything but suffer.

Favourite Panels...
    h1.jpg
    h2.jpg
    h3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

The original cover was drawn so much nicer. Let's hope that someday, we can get Iceman and Havok's new girlfriend in this book instead.

I love Greycrow as a replacement for Banshee but don't really like little 'Wolvie'.
    Last edited by ericng; 03-03-2021 at 07:04 PM.

I hope Lady Mastermind joins the Hellions. She would be a great fit in the book. Either one of them.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The original cover was drawn so much nicer. Let's hope that someday, we can get Iceman and Havok's new girlfriend in this book instead.

I love Greycrow as a replacement for Banshee but don't really like little 'Wolvie'.
    I assume you mean Wild Child. I find it a shame that he has not been used to his full potential and NOT been differentiated from Wolverine and Sabretooth. He was introduced not long after (relatively speaking) both of them.

I liked it but I felt it was the weakest book of this series so far. Not enough Nanny and too much Arcade, who's rarely been that interesting to me. The Empath room scenes were great though, he truly is an asshat.

Is it just me or Kwannon is drawn more buxomly than Psylocke ever was?